Chapter 4: The dangers of Climbing

Clarke, Bellamy, Raven, Murphy, Jasper and Monty were in the dining room when Titus walked in.

"Yesterday I took it slow. But you had your fun!" Titus said with a serious look on his face "Today you will follow the program exactly at is it. The sparing you did yesterday was to see how strong you are and how good at fighting. I have to admit I was very disappointed in all of you. Including you Clarke." he looked at Clarke, who lowered her head "Except from Bellamy!" he continued "Well done Bellamy! You proved you are strong. We will later see if you have courage. If you do, you will become a great warrior. Now eat and get dressed! Be in the training room in 10 minutes." he ordered and left.

"Congratulations Bellamy! You were awesome yesterday!" Raven congratulated him.

"Thanks." Bellamy responded shyly.

"Good job man!" Murphy added.

"Thanks guys." Bellamy replied.

"Fansiyas.(Arrogant.)" Clarke whispered, staring at him, shooting daggers with her eyes. She was jealous and humiliated. She needed to show her strength at training today.

In the Training Room

"Today we start with training for 5 hours. After that, you will have a lesson to learn our language. Later, there will be a history lesson with the Commander. Any questions before we begin?" Titus asked "Very well then... We begin with climbing! Clarke saw them what to do!" He commanded.

Clarke was ready to give them a really good show! She climbed the wall incredibly fast and she jumped to one of the poles placed in the room that resembled trees. She continued jumping from pole to pole and the rest of the trainees were watching her in awe. Suddenly, Titus grabbed a bow and a few arrows and started shooting at Clarke. She dodged them all one by one with amazing technique. She jumped on the bars on the ceiling and was hanging from there like a monkey, still dodging arrows. She reached the opposite wall that was full of weapons. She then shifted and was hanging from her legs upside down. She grabbed a bow and an arrow and remaining in the same position, she fired towards Titus hitting directly his bow, cutting it in half. She thought she won but then Titus threw a small knife towards the bar she was hanging upside down from. The knife got stabbed in her leg and she fell on the floor from a 30 feet height.

She groaned in pain as her back hit the wooden floor.

"That was a barely tolerable performance. You were fast enough but not careful enough. You could have been killed. You can do a lot better. You disappoint me!" Titus shouted without even looking at Clarke.

Clarke couldn't get up and she was lying on the floor pressing her wound.

"Hey! Why are you doing this to her? What's wrong with you? She was amazing up there! She could have killed you with that arrow and you wouldn't even get the chance to throw a knife at her!" Bellamy shouted at Titus.

"How dare you speak to me this way! You disrespect me and I will not allow it! Tonight you stay guard and you have no dinner. You will not sleep until sunrise and then you train and follow the rest of the group to your lessons! Disrespect me again and I will make sure you regret it!" Titus threatened him, anger boiling inside of him "Klark gyon op nau! (Clarke get up now!)"

"Sha Seda! (Yes Teacher!)" Clarke got hold of the knife that was still inside her leg and pulled it out groaning and breathing heavily to contain the pain. Bellamy run up to her and tried to help her get up but she pulled away.

"I'm trying to help you!" he looked at her with sympathy.

"Ai nou gaf in yu sis, nida yu fiyanes! (I don't need your help, neither your compassion!)" she replied and pulled herself away from him doing her best to stand up on her own.

"Clarke I will give you another chance to make it right. Let's go again and see if you do better this time." Titus told her and she started walking towards a pole.

Bellamy was about to step forward again. To tell Titus to go to hell for torturing Clarke like this. She could barely even walk. She couldn't possibly be able to climb. Raven then grabbed him by his sleeve and looked at him with her don't-do-anything-stupid-let-it-go look. Bellamy finally decided to let it go as Clarke began climbing again.