Chapter Six

I was well on my way to being drunk when Jason stated his departure, cheerily so. He clung to Anna in a desperate attempt to stay up right, though it was no use. She was hardly the ideal structural base, given her own intoxicated state.

"Get home safe!" I shouted.

"We're heading back to Anna's, so I'll see you tomorrow!" he yelled, offering his brother a slightly misplaced wink.

Club music echoed loudly throughout the venue, stating its claim. It was a song I didn't recognise but one I enjoyed the rhythm of nevertheless. Alex too if his swaying hips and wandering hands were anything to go by.

"See ya, brother. I'll make sure Ebony gets home okay," he ensured, speaking loudly into Jason's ear.

We waved the pair off, happy to be the only two left behind.

"We've outlasted everyone!" informed Alex, positioning his mouth close to my ear.

His hot breath brushed against my cheek, prompting inappropriate thoughts. Jez's earlier warning came springing to mind–STAY AWAY FROM ALEX, not that it did anything to deter my actions. With his hands on my hips and his chest currently pressed into mine, I refused to let rationality seep in. It felt far too good to stop.

"You're not bailing on me, are you, Alex?"

"Not just yet," he ensured, squeezing down on my waist.

The action caused the material on his shirt to stretch, showcasing a tattoo on his right pec.

"What does your tattoo say?" I asked, more than a little curious.

Instead of responding vocally, he took to unbuttoning his shirt slightly, giving me a glimpse of the words inked on his skin. I couldn't believe it. Song lyrics belonging to my favourite song shone back at me, surprisingly so.

"But touch my tears...with your lips
Touch my world..with your fingertips."

"It's Queen. Who-"

"Who wants to live forever!" I interjected, already aware.

"You recognise it?" he asked, seemingly impressed.

Without hesitation, I pulled up my top, revealing the exact same lyrics written across my ribs. At first, Alex clearly had no idea where I was going with this but soon settled down upon realising my intentions.

"No way!"

"I guess we're more alike than we originally thought," I replied, unable to hide my smirk. "Who would've thought it."

"I knew there was a reason I gave you my number upon meeting you for the first time," he declared, running his fingertips along my tattooed skin.

The action felt electric. Captivating. Magical. I never wanted his hands off me. Never before had I experienced such a thrill as a result of having a man's hands on my body.

"Why did you give me your number?" I asked, still unsure as to why a guy like Alex would find me interesting.

I was a student. I had nothing to offer him.

"I've been sworn off women for a while."

Huh? I wonder why?

"I had a bad experience last year," he elaborated, as if sensing my curiosity. "You're the first person I asked out. I guess I was attracted to your energy. You seemed genuinely distraught when you spilled coffee on me. I knew instantly you had a kind heart."

"Too bad it's wasted on your brother," I replied, almost resentful of the fact.

Why did my heart have to long for him?

Alex shook his head. "Jason can't see what's right in front of him. That's on him, not you."

He pulled me even closer, no longer touching my tattoo but rather, my cheeks. Each one was being caressed by his accommodating hands, so very soft.

"Maybe you should start looking elsewhere?" he suggested. "Perhaps you're not seeing what's right in front of you."

I smiled, catching onto his point instantly. He was smooth. I couldn't deny it but did I really want this? Hooking up with Jason's older brother would certainly throw a spanner in the works. It would kill any chance of Jason and I ever working. Then again, perhaps that was what was needed for me to move on. To finally get over the man who wasn't interested in me.

"I do see what's in front of me," I admitted, keeping my gaze locked firmly onto his; my greens assessing his blues. "I'm just wondering if it's a good idea or not."

"We won't know unless we try," he replied, certainly putting up a fight.

Think, Ebony! THINK!

"Don't overthink it, darling."

Oh God! He had me at darling.

Before I could prolong my response any longer, I pressed my lips to his, relishing in their softness. At first, it was sweet. The slight taste of beer could be detected, somehow making me more hungry. I wanted more. Needed more. Alex seemingly agreed, snacking on my lips like a man starved. His tongue breeched the perimeter of my mouth, creating unthinkable sensations. I'd never been kissed like this. Held like this. Wanted like this.

"Hmm."

He moaned into my mouth and I almost buckled. It was the sexiest sound ever. So manly and raw. Why had I been questioning this?

His hands gripped my ass and I shoved my fingers through his hair, messing up the precise style. Not that he cared. He growled his approval and bit down on my lower lip, prompting me to squeal. He bit me. He fucking bit me! And it was sexy as hell.

"Let's get out of here," he suggested, wicked intentions on show.

I complied instantly, following closely behind as he guided me out of the busy venue. My hand fit perfectly into his. So snug. Or perhaps I was looking too much into it? Tonight was about drunken hookups. It was about having reckless fun. Not about falling in love.

For the love of God, Ebony...DO NOT FALL FOR ALEX!

****

Hmm, will Ebony listen to her own advice?

I doubt it...