Chapter Twelve

I snuggled further into Alex as the movie played across the screen, enjoying his warmth as he played with my hair. His fingers felt heavenly against my scalp and on multiple occasions, I had to force my eyes to remain open.

"You're not asleep, are you?" he asked.

I turned to face him. "Almost."

He laughed, no doubt amused by my honesty.

"Why don't you go to bed?" he suggested, landing another sweet kiss to my forehead.

He'd been doing that all night.

"It's pretty late," he added.

"Will you come with me? I think about you out here, alone, on the uncomfortable sofa."

His smile was unstoppable. "When else do you think about me, Ebony?

I couldn't ignore his suggestive tone, nor could I deny it. Suddenly, I didn't feel so tired.

"I think about you when I'm in the shower."

His eyebrows shot up, clearly in shock.

"When I'm in bed, alone."

"And what do you do when you're all alone and thinking about me?" he questioned, readjusting his lower half.

His excitement was unavoidable and the fact he was trying to hide it made me smile. He didn't want to pressure me. That much was obvious. He didn't think I was in the correct mindset for sex and an hour ago, I wasn't. Now was an entirely different story.

"I sometimes touch myself," I admitted, purposely pressing myself into him.

He inhaled a sharp breath and lightly grasped my arm.

"Where? Show me."

I offered him a shy smile, growing embarrassed.

"Here?" he asked, touching my waist.

I shook my head.

"How about here?" he suggested, moving lower but not low enough.

"No."

"Ahh, here?" he delighted, finally hitting the spot.

I cried out in pleasure, overcome with need.

"Do you want this, Ebony? Do you want me?"

"Yes," I instinctively replied. "So much."

He picked me up and took me into my bedroom, seeing to it that I had no clothes left on by the time I was flung onto my bed. He joined me in being naked and before I could so much as appreciate the view, he was working his magic. Together, we rocked back and forth, sharing laboured breaths and loud moans. Each second was euphoric. He took his time worshiping me, and I him. I ran my hands up and down his toned back and grabbed onto his arm muscles when the sensations became too much. He murmured my name endlessly, somewhat chanting it towards the end. His mouth kissed every inch of my skin and by the time he was done, I could feel the familiar coil wind up in my stomach.

"Alex!"

He moaned louder into my ear and quickened his pace, knowing what it was I wanted. Release. And it felt magical. Having him hold me as I chased my orgasm was everything I didn't know I needed. I felt safe in the comfort of his arms. Safe enough to succumb to the pleasures he was offering me.

"Wow," he expressed, breathlessly revealing his every thought.

He pulled me across his chest and began caressing my hair, still sweaty from our exchange. For a while, we both stayed like this, appreciating the sounds of our breathing. The sounds of our post sex satisfaction.

"He used to belittle me any chance he got," I informed, feeling confident enough to share this with him.

"Who?"

"My dad."

He stayed silent out of respect.

"Before, when you said you hadn't wanted a women as much as you wanted me, it reminded me of something he used to say. Something horrible."

"Does it still bother you?" he asked. "Do you still let the horrible things he said affect you?"

"I guess so. It's hard for people to understand, given what I do on weekends. When I'm on stage, all they see is a confident girl, lost in the joy of music. In real life, I'm burdened by my insecurities. By his abuse."

Strong arms wrapped tighter around my body, seemingly desperate to initiate comfort.

"I get that," he replied, kissing my nose. "People whose mission it is to destroy the confidence of others are pathetic. Often, they're insecure themselves."

"You seem to know an awful lot about it," I remarked, staring into his gorgeous eyes.

He nodded but didn't elaborate beyond that.

"I'm sorry your dad was an asshole."

"I'm sorry he was too." I smiled and snuggled further into his chest, pressing a feather light kiss to his skin.

He pulled me in for a hug.

"I meant it, ya know?"

"Meant what?"

"What I said. About never wanting anyone else the way I've wanted you."

Oh.

I sat up and took in his expression, so straight-faced and sincere.

"You don't believe me?" he asked.

"I do. I just don't get it. I'm nothing special," I insisted, looking towards my bedspread out of embarrassment.

"I disagree completely."

I offered him a shy smile and decided not to argue back, sensing his reluctance.

"Well, for what it's worth, the feeling's mutual. I've never wanted anyone as much as I've wanted you," I shared.

And that included his brother. For years, I pined after Jason but perhaps it wasn't him I wanted after all. Maybe it was a committed relationship I craved? The need to feel loved? Either way, I'd experienced a fraction of that with Alex, which was dangerous. As much as I liked him, I couldn't let myself get carried away. Nothing serious could ever transpire between us because as far as he was concerned, I was in love with his brother.

The wrong brother.

And why would anyone settle for second best?

****

Ohhhh, things are heating up for these two and not just physically. EMOTIONALLY TOO! 👏🏻❤️