Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I was walking down alone in the dark corner of the street. This day was really exhausting. What I just want to do now is to lie down in my soft bed. I take the elevator because my apartment was in the third floor. I reached the door of my lightless apartment but I was distracted when I saw a guy in black walking towards me at the corridor. I don’t know what to do that moment. I can’t even move because I was hypnotized by his gaze.

He passed by on my side and opened the door next to me. So the last vacant room was also taken now. I shook my head to forget the strangers face. I was eating my dinner alone while watching the television.

 I’m planning to look for another job tomorrow. Where I can work every weekends. After eating my dinner, I take a bath and relaxed my body on the tub. I can still see some small scars on my body. I trace the little scar on my wrist. I tried to commit suicide when I was inside the orphanage. I felt useless that time and was greatly experiencing a trauma. I can’t even cross the street every time I see some fast speeding cars.

I left the tub and walked bare in my room, and reached for my towel which I forgot to take with me when I entered the bathroom. I lie down on my bed and forced myself to fall asleep. 15 minutes later, I was still awake so I opened the sliding window and went to the balcony.

I stretched my hands on both sides and take a long deep breath. The figure of the guy from the next balcony shocked me. He was sitting there unmoving. The light coming from the moon illuminated half of his face and I can see how fair his skin was. His eyes are fixed on the city lights. I quickly stand up properly adjusting my night dress. When he noticed me, I don’t know what to do. Quickly, I came inside my room after our eye contact. He was giving me a strange feeling, and I can feel the goose bumps. Still feeling the pimply condition of my skin, I rubbed it gently to get it back from normal.

Looking above the ceiling, I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep but his image was bugging my mind. Even though it was just a few minutes intent look, I can still clearly remember his whole features. Black hair, fair white skin, perfectly pointed nose, and his pouty lips? Ugh! What’s happening to me? Oh god, please help me to get a good night rest tonight. I have a lot of work tomorrow and some pending projects at school. After 15 minutes of playing sleep, I totally fall asleep. Dreaming something strange but will be a dreamless night when I woke up in the morning.

The sunrays and the busy sound of the street outside woke me up. Slowly, I roused up from my bed and do some stretching. Then, I took a shower and prepared my food and things. I was about to go out but the glimpse of the mirror caught my eyes. Staring from the mirror, I saw my pupils contracted when the sun rays reached it. I shook my head. I’m wasting my precious time again.

When I opened the door, I saw the same figure again. Ugh, he looks better in the morning light. The colour of his eyes caught me; it was like a light green with yellow prickles on it. We end up staring at each other again and I swear this is the most awkward moment that I’m experiencing again with the same guy.

Should I say hello? Or just smile? I don’t know what to do. It turned out this way. I passed by saying nothing not even a single friendly smile for him. I went to my work and tried to forget about that guy. Ashton was there again showing his unfading bright smile to me. This time, I was startled when I found myself smiling back to him in my natural reaction. Wow, this is not really me today. After my work, I went to the university where I’m studying.

Mara greeted me on the hall way, we have the same subject this morning. Surely, she was going to borrow something from me again but I won’t let her. She was way over the limit. I ignored her fake smile because I know she was only befriending me for her own good.

While walking on the corridor, my mind was flying away somewhere else the reason why I collided with someone. His books fell to the ground and he automatically picked it up.

“I’m so sorry...”

I apologize helping him with his books.

“It’s okay, I can handle this.”

He adjusted his eye glasses from his nose. I didn’t mind what he said and still help him with it.

“I’m really sorry...”

I said again and picked up the last book but he did the same too. He stared at me for awhile. His dark brown eyes were really captivating, honestly. He raised his left eye brow on me.

“Sorry.”

I left him still standing there and proceeded to my next class. Good thing I’m a little bit early today.

A/N: Vote and Comment. Thank you.