Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The class was still not starting when I get to my classroom. I occupied the vacant seat near the window. It was dark outside and I can see the city lights and some student walking home. My thoughts are disturbed when I heard a little sound coming from the next vacant seat beside me. I was startled for a second. It was him, the guy I collided with.

“Do you mind if I occupy this?”

He asked pointing the next chair. I searched from some vacant seat but this it was the only one remaining.

“You can sit there it’s not mine after all.”

The professor was still not here so I concentrated my attention to somewhere else. I was playing my ball pen when he speaks out.

“I’m Calum. You’re my block mates from some of my subjects.”

I was surprised to hear him.

“Uhm... yeah. I’m Chloe and I’m really sorry for what happened earlier.”

He nodded and the awkward silence clouded the atmosphere. Our professor arrived 5 minutes before we can leave his class.

After my class, I went to the locker room where saw him again also getting some of his stuff. I smiled at him when he looked at me but he didn’t smile back. He was cold and serious. Or maybe he didn’t see me clearly because his vision was blurry? But what’s the purpose of his eyeglasses by the way? Ugh... Whatever, at least I tried to be nice.

I reached the apartment building safely and entered the elevator. While searching for my keys outside the corridor the next door opened. It was him again in different clothes but in same colour, black. Where was he going in this late night? Ugh, it’s not my business after all.

The door opened and I come inside my room. Darkness was covering my entire apartment. I turned on the lights sitting on the small sofa, thinking. My thoughts drifted until I realized I need to rest. The sound of the lightning was all I can hear. It was raining hard outside. After taking my bath, I looked outside the window.

Something caught my attention while looking in the street from the front of my apartment. There where something hiding from the tree beside the pathway. Is it a human figure? I look closely focusing my eyes on it. It was a shadow of a guy who looks so familiar to me, in his glasses standing unmoving there. Calum?...

I rubbed my eyes for a few seconds and when I looked there again. The shadow was gone. Ugh... Maybe that was just my stupid imagination. Calum has nothing to do with me, and I should stop imagining stupid things. What I need is rest, I’m going to find a part-time for weekends. Wasting my free days in this small apartment is boring.

Saturday morning, I woke up earlier than usual and fixed myself. I’m searching for a part-time. And at the end of the day, I get my new job. They took me as a babysitter. The house was few blocks away from my apartment. I’ll start tomorrow morning. The payment is unreasonable, plus the mother who hired me looks so sweet and kind.

A/N: Sorry for the late update, my pc is not functioning so I need to use my laptop but my time was limited because laptop can’t last for 3 hours or more. Thanks for the vote and comment. I hope you’re still enjoying this...