Hey, Princess (One Direction Fan Fiction)

"Are you ready, princess?" James sticks his blonde head in my dressing room.

A small smile spreads across my lips. "I'm not a princess, James." I remind him, applying my mascara.

"To all of those little girls out there, you are." James pushes aside the curtain and steps in. "Every other day from nine in the morning to eight at night, you are considered a princess."

I adjust my wig on my head. "How do I look?" I spin to face him.

His eyes trail over my whole outfit. "You look like a princess."

I narrow my eyes at him and pick up the front of my dress. "You say that every time."

"It's the truth." James offers me his arm.

I slip one arm through his while my other straightens my long blonde wig out. We walk out of the small building and down the pathway, leading to the streets of Disney.

I work at Disney as Wendy from Peter Pan and Rapunzel from Tangled. Today, I am Rapunzel. I started working here about a year ago. I was saving my money up to go to college, but about nine months ago, my mom was diagnosed with stage four pancreas cancer. Now all of my money goes to her treatments. My dad and I work hard to pay for all of her surgeries.

"You'll be out here for thirty minutes doing pictures and signing autographs." James informs me.

I nod my head. I'm used to this. I love working at Disney. It's an incredible feeling to see all of the little kids' faces when they meet me. They get so excited. Some even get really shy. It's adorable. I love it when teenagers come up and want to take a picture with me. It's so much fun to play Rapunzel. She is so energetic and caring.

We reach my station and there is already a line formed. A little girl dressed up as Snow White jumps up and down on excitement when she sees me. I wave to everyone and walk over to the wall I'm supposed to stand by. There are various colours of flowers behind me, matching the ones in my wig.

The photographer motions for the first people in line to step up. A mother and her two daughters step up. One is about five years old and the other looks to be about sixteen. The little girl runs up to me. I crouch down and hug her.

"Hi there!" I smile at her.

"Can you sign this for me?" The little girl holds out a autograph book and a pen.

"I would love to!" I grab the items from her hand. "What's your name, sweetheart?"

"Abigail." She grins at me, practically bouncing on her toes.

I open the book and quickly sign Rapunzel's name. "How old are you, Abigail?"

"Five." Abigail holds out five fingers.

"Wow!" I exclaim. "Would you like to take a picture with me?"

Abigail nods her head vigorously. I open my arms and she runs into them. I hug her and smile at the cameras. Her mom takes a quick picture of us. I stand back up when the pictures are done.

"Would you like a picture with me?" I ask Abigail's older sister.

She looks around nervously. "Can I?"

I skip over to her with a smile on my face. "Of course you can! What's your name?"

"Becky." She answers. "I love the movie Tangled. You and Flynn are so cute together!"

I place my hand to my heart. "Oh, Eugene." I smile slightly. "Have you seen him around? We were walking through the forest earlier and he disappeared."

"No, but if I see him, I'll tell him you are looking for him." Becky promises.

"That's so kind of you!" I gush. "Will you take a picture with me?"

Becky nods her head just like Abigail did. I place my around Becky's waist and smile at the camera. The photographer and her mom takes a few pictures of us. I wave goodbye to them when they walk away. I spin around to see who is next up in line. A group of three teenage guys and a little girl around eight walks forward. They must have been forced by one of their moms to bring the little girl to meet me.

"Hello." I greet them.

The three boys smile at me. The little girl runs forward and hugs me around my waist. The oldest boy steps closer to me and kisses my hand. The other two snicker behind him. Oh, I get it. He's trying to impress his friends.

"Well, aren't you a sweet young man." I stay in character. "I wouldn't tell Eugene that you did that. He gets a little jealous." I giggle.

I love this job. I get to do something that I love everyday. It's a good thing that I'm a complete Disney nerd.

•••••

Author's Note:

So, this is a tiny preview of my new story idea. It's not much. It will be a One Direction fanfiction.

I want you to tell me what you think so far. Should I continue? I have a really good idea for this story so far! I won't start it right away. I want to finish HCM first.

I will also need a cover for this story. If you make one, please send it to me! Thanks!