Chapter 1

3 months later

On the Westside, Becky and Sasha were having a girls night with Renee at her new apartment.

"So what's it like on this side of town?" Sasha asked her from the couch.

"It's not that bad.. I mean it's better than being one of Adrian's prisoners." Renee said as she sat down next to Becky on the other couch.

"I still can't believe he just let you go." Becky said as Renee poured everyone a glass of wine.

"Tell me about it." Renee said.

"How's the wedding planning going?" Sasha asked Becky.

Becky looked up at Sasha uncomfortably.

"It's okay." Becky said.

"Just okay?" Renee asked.

"I'd honestly rather be working for Hunter or Adrian even and have someone else do all the planning." Becky said.

"Are you serious?" Renee asked her.

"I have to sit in that mansion in those dumb ass dresses and pick out china patterns while Seth is out there working on the streets." Becky said.

"You sound jealous of him." Sasha said.

"It's just that when I was on the Southside, Dean and I worked together." Becky said before she could stop herself.

Sasha and Renee looked at each other awkwardly.

"Shit. I'm sorry. I know we agreed not to talk about him." Becky said.

"No, it's okay. I get what you're saying." Renee said.

"No more boy talk." Sasha said in attempt to change the conversation.

"You're right, this is supposed to be girls night." Becky said.

Sasha smiled at Becky and Renee and walked over to the shelf of records. She pulled out a Lana Del Rey album and played it. The song "This is What Makes Us Girls" began to play through out the apartment. Renee and Becky looked at each other and laughed as Sasha began to dance.

Remember how we used to party up all night?
Sneaking out and looking for a taste of real life
Drinking in the small town firelight
(Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice)

Renee got up first and started swaying her hips back and forth with her wine in her hands. Becky laughed as Renee and Sasha let themselves go.

Sweet sixteen, and we had arrived
Walking down the streets as they whistle, "Hi, hi!"
Stealin' police cars with the senior guys
Teachers said we'd never make it out alive

Sasha grabbed Renee's hands and they started grinding on each other.

There she was, my new best friend
High heels in her hand, swayin' in the wind
While she starts to cry
Mascara running down her little Bambi eyes
"Lana, how I hate those guys"

Sasha walked over and grabbed Becky's hand. She pulled her up and spun her around

This is what makes us girls
We all look for heaven and we put love first
Something that we'd die for, it's our curse
Don't cry about it, don't cry about it

Becky finally gave in and let her body sway to the music. She pushed her hair back as Sasha wrapped her arms around Renee's neck. Suddenly, Roman walked inside as they continued dancing.