Chapter 10

The police began to arrive on the scene at the jubilee as the citizens of Greenville ran for their lives. Jimmy, Naomi and Jey made it back to the bar for safety. Roman and Renee took cover inside of one of the tents. Becky and Dean pulled out their guns and took cover behind the dj stand.

"I only have four rounds left." Becky said.

"I've got three." Dean said.

"Shit." Becky said in frustration.

Across the park, Sasha and Alexa were running for cover when Aj pulled up in an SUV.

"Get in!" She yelled as she opened the door.

Sasha jumped in the passenger side while Alexa got in the back. Aj drove off in a hurry, speeding through traffic.

"What's going on?" Alexa asked her.

"I don't know." Aj said as she looked in the rear view mirror at Alexa.

"You never mentioned that you were coming to the jubilee." Sasha said.

Alexa looked at Sasha in confusion.

"I thought I would surprise you but it turns out I'm the one that got surprised." Aj said.

"Aj." Sasha said.

"Save it, Sasha. We having bigger problems right now." Aj said.

Alexa sat in the back seat, confused at why Sasha and Aj seemed so close.

Back at the park, Seth and Bayley were hiding behind a tree. Seth looked over at Bayley as a tear fell from her face.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you." Seth told her.

Bayley looked up at him with fear in her eyes.

"I know your afraid of me but I'm not the bad guy right now." Seth told her calmly.

Bayley just watched him, not sure why she felt so safe.

Roman and Renee were hiding inside a tent when Roman glanced outside and saw a familiar face.

"Shit." Roman said in frustration.

"What is it?" Renee asked in a panic.

"I know who the shooter is." Roman said in disappointment.

"What do you mean?" Renee asked.

"Do you remember Tama Tonga?" Roman asked her.

"Tonga?" Renee looked at Roman with concern.

"I think he's here for you." Roman told her.

A tear fell from her face as she buried her face into her hands.

Just outside their tent, Kenny was trying to find cover when he saw a gunman. He began to run but fell to the ground when he was shot in the leg. Out of no where, Cody ran out and dragged Kenny behind the bar.

"Shit!" Kenny said.

Cody took off his shirt and tied it around Kenny's wound.

"That should slow the bleeding for now." Cody told him.

Kenny examined Cody, wondering why he helped him.

"Now isn't the time to be checking me out." Cody joked.

Kenny looked at him for a minute and let out a small chuckle.

Becky peaked out and saw two gunman walking through the park.