Chapter 15

Renee paced outside the hallway as doctors rushed into Roman's room.

"Renee!" Dean yelled as he and Becky ran down the hall.

"I stepped out of the room for two seconds.." Renee said with tears in her eyes.

"What happened?" Becky asked.

"I don't know. I just saw a syringe on the floor and there was blood on his arm.." Renee said as a tear fell from her face.

"Did you see who went into the room?" Dean asked.

"No, my back was turned." Renee said as she saw Seth walking down the hall.

Everyone got quiet as Seth approached them.

"Is he okay?" Seth asked.

"We don't know." Becky told him.

Naomi and Jimmy ran into the hospital and joined everyone.

"What the fuck happened?" Jimmy asked.

"We don't know. The doctors have been in there for awhile." Renee told him.

"You said someone went into the room?" Naomi asked Renee.

"I didn't see who it was." Renee said.

Seth thought to himself for a second and walked away. Dean chased after Seth and stopped him.

"Where are you going?" Dean asked.

"To find the security tape." Seth said as he pointed up at the cameras.

"That's smart. I'll come with you." Dean said.

Seth looked at Dean for a minute uncomfortably before they continued walking down the hall. Renee held her breath as one of the doctors came out of the room.

"It's a good thing you got to him when you did. Someone wanted to give him a lethal injection of potassium chloride." The doctor said.

"Shit." Naomi said.

"You're saying someone tried to kill him?" Jimmy asked.

"The police are on their way now. But we got lucky. Whoever did this didn't know what they were doing. They only injected enough to induce unconsciousness. If they have they injected the full amount in the syringe he would have been dead almost instantly." The doctor said.

"So he is alive?" Renee asked.

"Yes and it looks like he will be awake by morning." The doctor said before walking away.

"Thank god." Becky said.

Dean and Seth made their way into the elevator. They stood there in silence at the doors shut.

"Congratulations on the engagement." Seth said reluctantly.

Dean looked over at Seth in surprise.

"Are you high right now?" Dean asked.

Seth looked over at Dean in frustration.

"That's all I had to say and I said it.." Seth told him.

Dean let out a small laugh as the elevator reached it's destination. They walked into the hall and Seth saw a familiar face sitting at the front desk.

"Fuck." Seth said.

"What?" Dean asked.

"The chick at the front desk.." Seth said as he turned his back to her.