Chapter 8

The next morning, Bayley and Finn walked down the street and got a coffee from Lita's Cafe.

"Thank you for this, I really needed to get out of the apartment." Bayley said.

"No problem. You said your father had someone keeping an eye on you though, right?" Finn asked her.

"See that black SUV parked at the end of the street?" Bayley asked as they walked out of the diner.

"Yeah." Finn said.

"That's Joe. He's been working for my father for about twelve years." Bayley said.

"I still can't wrap my head around all of this. I mean, Damien Clark is your father. It just seems so unreal, I guess." Finn said.

"If you're scared I won't blame you if you want to runaway." Bayley told him.

"Hey." Finn said as they stopped walking.

Bayley looked into his eyes as he held her face.

"I'm not going anywhere. The devil himself couldn't keep me away from you." Finn told her.

Bayley let out a small smile as they leaned in and kissed each other slowly.

Roman woke up on the couch with Renee laying in his lap. He looked over and saw Seth curled up in a ball at the other end of the couch.

"What time is it?" Seth asked as he began to wake up.

"Almost seven." Roman told him.

"Shit. I should get going." Seth said.

Roman watched as Seth got up and put on his shoes.

"I'm glad you came by last night. I think she really wanted to see you." Roman said.

Seth smiled politely back at Roman and walked out of the apartment. He walked out and stood outside the apartment, waiting for his ride. Suddenly, Bayley and Finn walked up to the apartment. Bayley stopped in her tracks when she saw Seth standing there.

"Bayley, what's wrong?" Finn asked.

Seth looked up and saw Bayley with tears in her eyes.

"Do you know that guy?" Finn asked her.

Seth walked up to her reluctantly. Bayley looked down at the ground as he stood in front of her.

"I know you're father probably has someone watching your place but I'm not here to hurt you." Seth began to say as he looked around casually.

Finn looked at Bayley in confusion.

"My friend lives here. I'm not here for you." Seth said before walking away.

Bayley stood there, paralyzed in fear as she tried to catch her breath.

"Bayley, who the hell was that?" Finn asked her.

Bayley looked back as Seth got into the back of a car and drove off.

"That's the man that kidnapped me." Bayley said.

"Oh my god. We have to call your father, right now." Finn said in a panic.

"He's also the man that let me escape. And you owe me a dollar." Bayley said as she walked into the apartment building.

On the Southside, Becky woke up as the song "Mine" by Bazzi began to play through out the apartment. She got up and walked into the kitchen to find Dean trying to cook pancakes.