Chapter 1 - Accident

The siren of the ambulance sounded through the streets. The doctor turned to you. "Everything will be fine, just... keep calm, okay? Now tell me what happened."

You didn't answer. Sobs were the only thing that came out of you. You didn't know how to respond anyway. Everything happened so fast.

"Alright, it seems like you're under shock. I'll ask you again when we arrive at the hospital." He tried to calm you down and you slowly stopped crying. Shortly after, the car halted. The door of the ambulance opened and you were brought into the waiting area of the hospital.

You waited for hours and nothing happened. You were going crazy, not to know if everything was going to be alright. A few moments later, the doctor came out of the operating room, heading into your direction.

"Are you Y/N?"

You just nodded, still not able to speak.

"Okay. Then, what's the name of the patient and tell me, are you related to him?"

"He's Jeon Jungkook, my brother." Your voice was shaking, you couldn't believe that this really happened.

"Will he be alright? Is he okay now?"

"Please tell me what happened first."

You hesitated, but you had to tell him.

After you told him about the incident you felt tears forming in your eyes.

"He's injured... because of me..."

"Don't blame yourself, Y/N. Jungkook is not so badly hurt and he just has to stay for a week."

You were relieved that Jungkook was alright. Your muscles started to relax and you felt your body becoming lighter.

"Thank you so much for saving my brother. Can I go see him now?"

"I'm sorry, he needs to rest. But you can visit him tomorrow."

Then he examined you, his eyes travelling over your body.

"I think you should get treated too."

"Huh, why...?"

Only now you looked at yourself and noticed that your arms were full of scratches. You didn't even felt the pain. You were just worrying about Kookie.

"Not just your arms, your face is hurt as well."

But you didn't want to stay there any longer, if you weren't even allowed to see your brother. So you gently shook your head.

"Ah, there is no need to treat me. I'm fine."

"Well, then you should go home. It's really late now and you have to get some sleep."

"Yeah, I will do that. Thank you, doctor." You smiled and bowed at him. Then you left.

After a while of wandering through the city, you finally spotted a yellow car.

"Taxi!"

You told the driver your address and 10 minutes later you arrived and paid him. As soon as he drove off you let out a heavy sigh. It's been a long time that you were here... at home. It was a cold night and you hurriedly fished the key out of your pocket and unlocked the door.

Almost nothing has changed. At first glance everything looked the same. It's so quiet... I don't like that... It used to be loud and noisy; music could be heard in the whole house. But now, there was nothing but silence. With slow steps you went upstairs towards your room.

Your gaze wandered through the dark room and in an instant your emotions hit you. Your body felt numb and hot tears rolled down your cheeks. You didn't know what to do. You came here after studying abroad for a year and now your brother was injured because of you. You lied down in your bed and cried until you fell asleep.

The next morning you woke up by the bright light of the sun. It tickled on your nose and you opened your eyes.

"Shit, I have to go to school today!" You looked at your phone. What 7:50 am?!

In the speed of light you jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom, nearly tripping over your open suitcase. You brushed your teeth and looked at your reflection in the mirror. Your eyes were red and swollen from crying all night. There were scratches and bruises on your left cheek. You touched them and immediately removed your hand because of the pain. Then you recalled what happened yesterday.

*Flashback*

Today you came back to Korea from studying abroad for a year. When you told Jungkook, he wanted to meet right away. He sent you an address of a new coffee shop to meet you there. You quickly found the coffee shop and waited outside for Kookie to arrive. After 20 minutes you decided to call him, because he didn't show up yet. You dialed his number and as soon as he picked up you, started shouting at him.

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook, you wanted to meet! Where are you?"

"Calm down, Y/N. Just turn around."

You did what he said and there he was, at the other side of the road, waving at you like a little kid.

"Kookie!!!"

Overwhelmed with happiness, you ran towards him.

But then...

"Y/N! WATCH OUT!!!"

He pushed you from the street.

Then it happened.

*End of flashback*