Chapter 10 - Friends

"Chris...?" Your voice was shaky and only a whisper as emotions mixed in your stomach.

Chris closed your locker to take a look at you and you instantly tensed up when you felt his eyes on you.

"Oh, Y/N. You know, I was wondering if you're avoiding me by any chance?" He sounded different, his tone was sharp, so you took a step backwards and answered warily.

"N-no..."

He stepped forward you took another step back. You felt like a deer caught in headlights: scared and helpless.

"Oh, really? Then how about we'll do something together after school?" He smirked and leaned on the lockers while you tried to get rid of the knot that had formed in your throat.

"Uh, I-I'm not sure-" Chris cut you off.

"Of course you will, right? There's a lot to talk about, you know." He wouldn't let you go until you agreed to his idea, that was for sure.

"Sorry, but she's not free today." An arm was laid around your shoulder and you turned your head to the person who just had interrupted your 'conversation'.

Jimin?

Then you noticed the six other guys behind him. All of them glared at the boy, who was way too near for Jungkook's taste. He stood in front of you protectively before he added to Jimin's statement.

"Y/N will join our party, so she won't do anything with you. And you are NOT invited." Chris' smile faltered and an unpleased expression was on his face. But he couldn't do anything since it was one against seven. So he backed away and soon disappeared in the crowd of students that finally stormed into the building. Jimin removed his arm and slowly the warmth that spread through your body vanished.

"Is everything okay? Did he do something to you? You look really pale." Jimin examined you worrying but you shook your head and exhaled heavily.

"No, you came just in time."

"I knew something was off when I first met him." Hoseok said while he looked back to make sure that Chris was really gone.

Silence engulfed the now empty hallway because nobody knew what to say. After a while Namjoon said something eventually.

"Guys, we really should go to class now. I don't want to get detention for being too late." You all agreed and you went to your classes relieved. The group separated into 3 smaller ones: Hoseok, Taehyung, Jimin and you; Jin, Yoongi and Namjoon; and last but not least lonely Jungkook. But before entering had left, you had decided to eat lunch together.

Class was over in a blink of an eye and you took your time to pack your stuff back into your bag. Soon every student exited the room and you were the only one left. That's what you thought.

"Hey, Y/N." Of course you knew whom this soft voice belonged to and you really loved to hear it.

"Hey, Jimin."

"Yesterday was really fun." A wide smile sneaked onto your lips when Jimin walked towards you.

"Yes, it was. But I wanted to show you around the city and the only thing you saw was the arcade." The both of you laughed.

"But I still enjoyed it. You could show me the rest another time." Jimin suggested and looked at you expectantly.

"That's a great idea." You liked the thought of him and you spending another afternoon together. Jimin and you left the class room and headed to the cafeteria while you kept on talking what you could do next time.