Chapter 9 - Return

"So, Y/N. Where have you been?" Jungkook's sharp tone caught you by surprise. You jumped at his sudden voice and glared at your brother, who was blocking your way.

"Are you insane? Do you want me to die on a heart attack?" You exclaimed shocked. He scoffed and got closer to you while you took your jacket off and placed your shoes next to the door.

"You didn't answer my question, Y/N." He said while he narrowed his eyes.

"And you're NOT older than me, Jungkook." You blurted out as you pushed him out of the way, so that you were able to get into the kitchen.

"Will you just answer my question already?" Jungkook followed you and sat on the dining table.

"If you stop acting like dad...." You said and Jungkook frowned at your words.

"I'm not acting like- Argh, whatever. I'll stop." When you mentioned your father, Jungkook usually gave in pretty fast. He knew too well, that he was like his dad in more than just one way.

You smiled in victory while you were searching through the fridge.

"I was showing Jimin around the city, but we ended up in the arcade." Your voice was muffled since half of your body was actually INSIDE the fridge as you were starting a quest to find something edible. But you were pulled out of the cooling device by a totally perplexed boy.

"What? So you prefer to do something with a total stranger than visiting ME, your one and only brother?"

Oh my god... You rolled your eyes at Jungkook's stupid comment.

"Okay, first of all Jimin isn't a stranger, since you introduced him to me and second, I would never neglect my little bunny boy. So, stop overreacting." You ruffled Jungkook's dark hair and turned away from the fridge. His once so serious expression faltered as he realized what he just said and an embarrassing smile sneaked onto his lips. "You're right."

You flashed him a smile, which quickly mirrored on his face.

"We have to celebrate your discharge. So, what do you want to eat? I'll cook everything that's possible with this little amount of food in our fridge." Once again you turned around to look through the almost empty shelves of the refridgerator. But Jungkook had a better idea.

"How about pizza?" He closed the fridge and looked at you expectantly. You nodded your head hastily, agreeing to Jungkook's thought and he snickered at your reaction. Therefore he grabbed his phone and ordered two pizzas before heading into the living room. Then he turned on the TV and patted the seat next to him.

With a swiftly move you threw your body next to Jungkook's. He winced quietly but you still heard it.

"Oh, sorry. Does it still hurt?" You poked him in the side and examined his face that was reflecting the pain that shot through his body.

"Why were you discharged when you're still in pain, that doesn't make sense." You were a little angry at the doctors now, he should be in bed and rest while getting treated professionally.

"They let me go because I was feeling better. And I actually wanted to come home because you're finally back. It has been almost a year since I saw you the last time." That wasn't true. He saw you. He saw you a few days ago and had been involved in an accident. But you were sure he wanted you to forget about this incident. And for him you did. You forgot it... for the moment.

Flashing him a smile, you made sure to move without hurting him and grabbed the remote.

"What do you want to watch?" You asked him but Jungkook snatched the remote from you and looked through the channels without answering you. After a while the bell rang and you skipped to the door. When you went back into the living room, you held two pizza boxes in your hands and placed them on the table. You sat back on the sofa and opened one of the boxes which separated you from your desired food. The smell of fresh pizza soon filled the room as Jungkook and you munched pieces loaded with cheese and other delicious things.

"Hey, Y/N. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." You didn't bother to turn to him, since you were totally absorbed into the documentary about jam production.

"Why... why didn't you tell me about mom?"

You froze.

"Why didn't you tell me that she was like this?" Jungkook's voice was kind of reproachful.

"What was I supposed to say? I didn't know how to handle it myself, so there was no reason for me to tell you." You explained yourself, your level of defense rising slowly. You lowered your eyes, still not facing Jungkook, who couldn't believe your words. He was your brother and he had the right to know. When Jungkook was about to continue his questioning, you stood up.

"Jungkook, stop it. I can't remember the last time I was in a good mood, but you just ruined it." After those harsh words left your mouth, you ran to your room and slammed the door shut with a loud thud.

The next morning you woke up to bright sun beams illuminating your little room and to the smell of pancakes. It was obvious what was going, so you quickly changed from your pajamas to regular clothes and tip-toed to the kitchen. Jungkook's back was turned towards you, so he didn't notice you yet. With slow steps you started to creep up behind him, a cheeky grin on your lips.

"GOOD MORNING!!!" Jungkook jumped and almost burned his arm on the pan in which he cooked his apology-pancakes. You burst out laughing at his facial expression.

"Yah, Y/N!" He shouted loudly, though he smiled.

"What? That was payback for yesterday when you gave me a mini heart attack." You grinned and poked his stomach teasingly.

"Uh, about yesterday. Are you still mad at me? I'm really sorry. I certainly didn't want to anger you." Jungkook's shoulders sank shortly but you shook your head.

"It's me who should apologize. I overreacted and I didn't mean to shout at you." He hummed in understanding while he placed the pancakes on two plates.

"Let's eat and forget about yesterday, okay?" You nodded and sat down. Then the both of you ate before heading to school together.

As soon as Jungkook and you passed the school gate loud voices were audible. There was a big crowd standing in front of the building. But a certain group immediately caught your attention and Jungkook quickly joined them. You caught yourself smiling at how warm all of them welcomed your brother after he was at the hospital for a week. Even Yoongi showed him an approving smile. You knew all of them except for one boy. His wide and bright smile revealed his dimples. But he still looked the most mature out of the group. When you walked over to them, Jin immediately introduced you to the tall guy.

"Y/N this is Namjoon. Namjoon this is Y/N, Jungkook's sister." Both of you bowed to each other before you turned to Jungkook.

"See, I told you that you'll make lots of friends." You patted his shoulder and he just grinned at your comment but it was true. Everyone was here to celebrate his return. But despite the shouts of the students who were happy Jungkook was back, you could still hear the whispering among the girls. It drove you crazy. After all you hated to get a lot of attention and you knew that the whispers were about you. When the bell rang you managed to squeeze yourself through the crowd unnoticed.

A sigh of relief escaped your mouth as you entered the empty hallway. The students were still outside, bombarding Jungkook with tons of questions about his absence. But after a while you heard footsteps. You tried to look busy so you opened you locker and pretended to look for something.

If a girl approached you now, what would you do?

A shiver ran down your spine when the person stopped next to you. Only the door of the locker blocked you to face them. But you glanced down, scanning over the body of the person.

Well, that's not a girl.

Then the air carried a familiar smell to your nose and you immediately knew who it was.