Chapter 15 - Shield

You immediately fled into the bathroom after breakfast. You were freaking out. That glare of Jimin scared you.... You pressed your ear against the door and tried to make out whether the boys were still in the living room or not.

Silence. But still, you hesitated.

What if Jimin is waiting for me? I'm afraid of what might happen....

Knock, knock, knock. You shrugged together since your ear was still on the door and panicked.

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh SHIT!!!! Okay, calm down!

You kept silent.

Knock, knock, knock. No, you still didn't say anything.

"Y/N, are you alright? You've been in there for a long time now." A sigh of relief left your mouth as soon as you heard Jungkook's voice.

"Yeah, I'm alright."

"Okay, then hurry up. We want to head back home now." He left and you wiped away the cold sweat on your forehead.

You made sure to cling to your brother when you exited the house. You were too scared of Jimin, who kept glaring at you incessantly. But unfortunately that boy had to take the same road as you to get back to his house. So, after you bid goodbye to the others, whom you didn't dare to hug because of Jimin, you had to walk back with him. But at least you weren't alone. You kept some distance and even a person between yourself and Jimin, while still clinging to Jungkook's arm.

Yeah, you used your brother as a human shield. Was that wrong? Maybe... But you still feared for your life. So, distance had first priority now.

Nobody said a word and you wondered if Jungkook was suspicious by now, since you and Jimin obviously behaved pretty weird. You glanced up from behind your shield and met Jimin's hard gaze. You grew smaller and hid again. You bit your lip as you thought about how to avoid him for the time being.

"So, what do you think of our school, Jimin?" Jungkook broke the silence. Jimin smiled and there were no more traces of annoyance or anger in his face when he answered the question.

"It's not bad. I think a made some friends already but there are also people that get on my nerves."

You knew exactly that the last words were addressed to you and squinted your eyes in frustration.

"There are always people like that, right Y/N?" Jungkook looked at you.

Did he have to ask me that? If I say yes, then it's like admitting that I acted wrong.

You didn't answer. There was no way that you would admit that. Jimin started the whole thing and you just reacted. That is how revenge works....

There was only one thing to do now: changing the topic.

"Kookie, didn't I tell you that you'll make tons of friends? See, I was right. And you know what? They're great." You laughed nervously and hoped that Jungkook didn't notice how you avoided answering his question.

"Hm, yeah. They're amazing. Taehyung was the first one, who approached me and we became friends immediately. And he then introduced me to Hoseok, Jin and Namjoon. And Yoongi-"

"Moved here some months ago, I know. He told me when I met him." You interrupted him.

"Y/N, you seem to get along with people pretty well." Jimin's reproachful undertone said everything: You chose the wrong topic.... and you felt the urge to slap your face.