First Day

time skip

a week passed, awaiting my schedule to sign my contract. i had to personally go to the agency to sign it, and possibly meet the other trainees who passed.

J.L.P. Ent.

now inside the building, i asked the information desk and handed out the forms i needed to meet the managers. a woman at the desk took my papers and showed me a map of the building, pointing at where i should go.

she pointed specifically at the 4th floor of the building, at the first room to the left.

i thanked her and left to the elevator. as i stood in front of the elevator, i saw a group of older people who worked at the agency. i bowed down respectfully to greet them and they said hello to me. they then patiently waited right next to me as the elevator reached our level.

elevator

we stepped in the elevator, i was first to enter so i was at the back, crushed against the wall.

one of them who was standing right next to me asked who i was and what i was doing at this agency (in english) (presumably because i look foreign). i promptly told him that i was the one who got accepted in the group the agency was casting.

he congratulated me and told about the other workers about who i was (in korean).

~Conversation~

(the ff. are in korean)

"He's the guy who got accepted in the coed group."

"Ah!" shakes my hand

"Isn't he the only guy in the group?"

"Yeah, only a few males auditioned, and we're lacking male trainees."

"Ah.. Shame."

~End of Conversation~

the elevator soon rang and i saw that it was on the fourth floor. i scooted myself out the elevator, carefully pushing aside the workers. i thanked them as the doors shut close.

i got out the elevator and walked down the hallway, recalling the directions the woman at the desk gave me. i took a left and saw a group of girls waiting by the room the woman told me about.

they all looked like friends so i thought they were trainees, they were all covered from head to toe with masks on. i stood right beside the girl at the back of the line.

she quickly turned around and looked at me. her hair was all messed up under her tightly scrunched hoodie. i bowed slightly and greeted her. she reluctantly bowed to me but didn't greet me and just looked straight back.

odd. but it is our first time meeting.

a couple of minutes pass by, the group of girls in front of me and the girl in front of me were still talking, when suddenly the door opened.

a small voice in the background (korean) "Please, come inside."

i saw that the girls were entering so i followed them inside. there i saw the panelists who were at the auditions, sitting at the end of this long conference table.

i sat down on the right side, alone, and the other girls were seated on the other side. they had a choice but still chose to sit together.

there were 5 girls seated in a line across this long table. only six of us were present, until this moment i thought that they were for another discussion.

then the person at the end of the table who turns out to be the Talent Director stood up and congratulated us.

i was still confused. did they also form another group for girls? a woman entered the room and placed a bunch of documents in front the six of us, including me. i looked down and saw my information and the contract for the group i was debuting in. this was surprisingly straight forward i thought we would have an introduction with my fellow memb-

T.D. (talent director) said before we looked thoroughly through the contract, (in english) "First, let's have a short introduction for you guys." he pointed at the six of us.

they're my members? can't be. i thought this was for a boy group.

"Go on." he said, gesturing us to start.

you can't be serious? i can't believe i auditioned for a coed group. they should've told us sooner. clearly this was news to both parties as the girls were confused too.

one of the girls took of their masks and asked, (korean) "Sorry Sir, but if you don't mind me asking... is this a coed group?".

one of the workers at the table nodded.

im completely fine with a coed group, but why was i the only guy at this meeting? i was nervous at first but i gathered my courage and asked, (english) "Why am I the only male here with a contract?"

the three at the end of the table discussed for a bit and the lady worker stood up and said, (english) "You are the only male who got through the auditions. We also lack male trainees who fit the group theme."

the girls were shocked since the ratio between male and female was clearly off. the talent director then told us to continue with the introduction.

one by one, the girls across the table removed their masks and introduced themselves. their names were the following, Yeji, Chaeryoung, Lia, Ryujin and finally the last girl. she stood up and removed the hood of her hoodie revealing her long black hair.

she removed her mask and bowed down,

(korean) "Hello, My name is Shin Yuna, but you can call me Yuna for short. Please be nice to me!"