Chapter Ten

The next day was a busy one, as both Tom and Isabella had meetings to go to. They made plans to meet up later to celebrate their "7 day anniversary".

Isabella sat at her vanity, putting on the last touches of her makeup. Tom had just texted to say he was on the way, so she went into overdrive to make sure she was ready to go when he got there. Standing up, she looked at herself in the mirror. Her dress was silver and covered in tiny, silver sequins that made the dress shimmer. The sleeves were long and hung off her shoulders. The skirt flared out and swished when she moved. She put on a cobalt blue choker to give her dress some color and not leave her décolletage bare. Tonight, she left her hair down, opting for just curling the ends. She didn't want to have to fuss with anything tonight. There was a nice pair of heels sitting in her closet that would've been perfect with this dress, but her foot would not cooperate so she settled on some silver flats that would at least keep her comfortable.

"So, did Sir Thomas tell you where you were going?" Lana asked as she casually leaned against the doorframe to the bedroom.

"Nope. Not that I expected him to. He said it wasn't quite as fancy as the Donmar, but that I should dress nice."

"I love that color on you. I know blue is your favorite color, but silver really accents your skin tone well. Maybe someday you'll even wear something sleeveless. What a scandal that would be," Lana said, teasing her for her choice to cover her arms.

Isabella smirked, giving a shrug. "Maybe. Stranger things have happened."

The doorbell rang and Isabella tensed up.

"He's here! How do I look?" She asked Lana, attempting to do a little spin despite her ankle.

"Like my most beautiful best friend. You know you don't need to impress Tom. You've had him eating out of the palm of your hand since day one. It's kind of crazy to believe it's only been seven days."

"It's true," Isabella said with a wistful smile. "I feel like this thing between us is just moving at full velocity and we are miles ahead of where we should be. But I like it. Is that strange?"

Lana folded her arms against her chest. "Not at all. Perhaps this is just the universe repaying you and making things right."

"That would be nice," Isabella said, casting a glance towards the door.

There came a knock on the door and it snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Oh, shit, get that, will you? I can't exactly run to the door right now."

Lana ran out and let Tom in as Isabella made her way out.

"Good evening, Lana," he said, nodding to her.

"Sir Thomas," she replied with a bow.

He smiled at her before turning to his date for the evening. His face lit up when he saw her, standing there wringing her hands. Sometimes he forgot that it was only seven days ago that they met for the first time. He felt like he'd known her all of his life.

"Darling, you look gorgeous. Breathtaking, really," he said, walking over to her and taking her hands, placing a kiss on each one.

"Thank you," she said in reply, looking away as she blushed. His compliments never failed to embarrass her.

"Ok, you two. You know the drill. Have a good time. I know I won't see you later so have a good night," Lana said as she hugged her friend.

"Thank you, Lana, you too."

Tom nodded towards Lana as he placed a hand around Isabella to help her out the door.

"I'll take good care of her," Thomas said to Lana.