Chapter Twenty-Two

The next few weeks flew by in a blur as Tom worked diligently on wedding preparations (with some help from Lana) and Isabella worried about nothing but the little bundle of joy growing inside of her. As soon as they returned home, they went to a doctor and the baby was deemed to be in perfect health. After that, she was able to relax, but not much. It was already a shock to her to even be pregnant at all, so she wanted to make sure she stayed that way for as long as possible. They found out that she had probably gotten pregnant right after their reunion following the entire debacle with Jackson, making Isabella feel even better knowing that she wasn't pregnant when she was being tortured by that monster. They had continued meeting with a therapist twice a week and after each visit, she felt like she had left behind another chain that had been weighing her neck down.

Finally, the big day had come and Isabella still had no idea what was going on. Tom had made it very clear that this was to be a complete surprise. The night before they had flown to Philadelphia, making her even more curious than ever. She just assumed they would get married in London or Florida, but with Tom, you never knew what he was going to do. She didn't even know what she would be wearing, but Lana had reassured her saying that she would be very happy when it was all said and done.

Sitting in front of the vanity in her hotel room, she became lost in thought as she looked at her reflection in the mirror, brushing her hair. Things had changed so drastically in the last six months. When she moved to London, she thought part of her life was ending, but in reality, a new, better part of her life was just beginning. Meeting Tom was the absolute last thing she ever could have imagined, but now that he had become such an important part of her life, she couldn't imagine life without him. She heard the door to their hotel room open and Lana's voice called out to her.

Lana came up behind her in the large bathroom, a secretive smile on her face. In her hands lay a small, beautifully wrapped package.

Isabella looked at the image of the package in the mirror. "What's that?"

"Anniversary present courtesy of Sir Thomas," she said, passing it to her.

She smiled at the thoughtful gesture, fingering the bow on top. "That's so sweet of him. But I didn't get him anything."

"He said you would say something like that. He told me to tell you that marrying you today will be the best present he could hope for so make sure you're ready on time."

She rolled her eyes. "My dear, sweet Thomas. He always knows what to say."

"Well, aren't you going to open it?" Lana asked, shifting around impatiently.

"I guess so," Isabella said, pulling off the bow and the wrapping.

Opening the container, she found a small, but elegantly carved jewelry box. Lifting the lid, she could hear the delicate sounds of music. Listening carefully, she realized what song was playing and covered her mouth in surprise as tears filled her eyes. Sniffling, she looked up to Lana.

"I can't believe he managed it. I adore it," she said, humming softly to the sounds of "The Promise" playing in the box.

Lana grimaced at the gift. "He's so thoughtful sometimes it makes me absolutely ill."

Looking at the time, Lana reached for the box and put it down on the counter, pulling Isabella up.

"We need to start getting you ready!"

"Oh, is it time? Are you ever going to tell me what's going on?" Isabella asked, hoping Lana would spill.

"Nope. I need to see the look on your face when you get down there and realize what's happening. You are going to flip!" Lana said with a laugh.