You're What? (Tony Stark & Rhodey ft Pepperony & Natasha Romanoff)

Aight guys, this thing has a sprinkle of everything in it~

Tony, Pepper, Pepperony, Morgan (kind of), Black Widow cameo, Rhodey/friendship stoof, fluff, some angst . . . yeah, it's a lot. But, i hope you enjoy this and that you think i was able to capture the characters and their personalities well enough. 

Enjoy.

~~~~~

"You have to tell him," the blonde was whispering to her husband as they lay curled up near the fireplace in their new, cozy, lakeside cabin. Tony was tracing lazy circles on Pepper's shoulder as she nuzzled against his frame, her own arms wrapped around his midsection in an affectionate manner. Her voice buzzed through Tony's chest, causing him to tense unwittingly and sigh in exasperation.

"I don't have to tell him shit," he responded lowly, allowing his tense muscles to relax as he drew in a sharp breath.

"It's not worth your friendship, Tony. This whole charade between the two of you has gotten way out of hand. Both you and I know you two care for each other, too much so to argue at the expanse of your friendship," she responded, her voice remaining soft and tender, knowing full well that the situation was more delicate than it appeared; certain things had been triggering Tony as of late, and mentioning his tensions with Rhodey was definitely one of them.

Tony, on the one hand, knew that fighting with Rhodey over matters he wasn't even involved in wasn't worth his time; on the other, though, Stark couldn't help but hold somewhat of a grudge after what the colonel had said to him a few months back. Maybe he was being selfish; and stubborn, or possibly even arrogant....and maybe Natasha had been right – he really couldn't let go of his ego for too long.

After all, Rhodey was full aware of the line he'd crossed the second he'd brought Barnes into the conversation, as the subject was still like a freshly opened wound to Tony, and by blatantly talking about it Rhodes was only adding the salt.

Yet, Tony didn't hate his friend for sticking up for Barnes and defending Rogers' actions - frankly, he couldn't care less what 'side' Rhodey was on. What hurt him the most, was the fact that he had stooped so low to the point of hitting Tony where he knew it hurt the most, and that was what really stung.

A surprise to no one, sentiment didn't sit well with Tony Stark, and he sure as hell never openly admitted everything that was on his mind to anyone except for Pepper. Perhaps Stark had really thought Rhodey would recognize the sensitivity of the matter, and steer clear of anything even remotely related to the twisted truth of his parents' demise. Clearly, he had been wrong.

Ever since then, Rhodes offered no sign of redemption, and Tony wasn't about to kiss up to his old pal and forgive him for what he had said (again, part of this was due to his stubborn refusal to be the bigger person and apologize). Presently, they weren't on good speaking terms.

They didn't hate each other, of course – their friendship was simply in a difficult place right now, and both were much too headstrong to own up to their mistakes. That stubbornness in itself was enough to shun him into keeping Pepper's pregnancy a secret.

With a controlled sigh, Tony pecked his lover on her hair, before pulling her closer to his suddenly chilled frame; she hummed in response. "Pep, you being pregnant has nothing to do with Rhodey and I. Besides, he'll find out eventually. It's bound to be all over the media the second you and little Morgan turn up in public."

"That's not the point, Tony," she was quick to answer, fidgeting from her current position so she could lock eyes with her husband. His gaze quickly diverted from hers, brain in total disarray - as much as he wanted to remain mad at Rhodey, he knew deep down that he wouldn't be able to block out his old friend forever, especially after Morgan came into the world. Still, though, an overdose of emotion clouded his current judgement and thus kept his lips sealed, whether he agreed with it or not. If he were honest, Stark was already stressed plenty with the sole idea of becoming a dad; most of his time right now was spent helping Pepper a whole lot more around the house (since she was already four months in). On top of that, the pair had spoken of announcing the pregnancy to the public very soon, seeing as Pepper couldn't stay cooped up in the house until the due date, and they'd much rather explain the pregnancy themselves than have to worry about rumors and paparazzi gossip. Which of course, brought on a whole new level of anxiety and stress, over something that Stark was still questioning whether or not to even announce to the world.