a/n - you don't have to read it.

Fair warning, this is a rant.

So I got an autobiography on Robert Downey Jr for my birthday, and I've been steadily reading it over the last few days.

I'll spare you all the details, but I will say this - I thought, that getting to know Robert more and more after falling for Tony over the years, that I had understood him as he appeared to everyday eyes, the way the public perceived him and the way he wanted to be seen; that I had respected his past in every way that I could, or that I had fully admired his profound ability to somehow choose to learn from his demons instead of feed and fear them, and grow from them, in a way.

I can now say that I was wrong; what I thought I had known not only merely scraped the surface of what this man had really went through, but completely missed and dodged quite possibly the few things that make this person the successful, complicated, and inspiring actor he'd become over the past two decade and half, or so.

Now that I'm almost finished with the book, I can safely say that if I ever had ANY doubt about idolizing an ex "convict" And "druggie," and a Hollywood acclaimed actor, I certainly don't have that anymore. Go ahead, you can call it immature and pathetic, but the sheer amount of appreciation, adoration, and pure and genuine respect I have for a man that I've never met and will never know personally is tremendously insane, and yet it's one of the most inspiring things that I've come to comprehend in my, rather short, life so far.

From what I've seen, Downey is a very articulate, educated, and all around interesting person in general, and his perspective on life - be it his own or this sole understanding of life's purposes and complications - is so indescribably inspiring.

While I can't and will probably never relate to anything nearly as astringent to what Robert Downey Jr has endured, if there's one thing I've learnt from him is that there's no excuses, not really - no excuses for being lazy and putting off the goals you have in life and saying, "you can't do it," or, "I have too much going on right now."

No obstacle in life can't be overcome, no one thing entirely unbeatable as long as you have the insentive somewhere working to fight within you or even the smallest amount of motivation and support.

So for what it's worth, Mr. Downey, thank you. I've never met you, never talked to you, never seen you in person and can only assume things about you from what the public has shown and what you yourself have given away. I don't know you personally, but the version of you that I have come to know and just begun to understand is someone that has already majorly impacted and changed my life. So coming from a young girl in the Midwest, I can confidently declare that whatever success I may find in my time on this planet, is, yes, partially due to you, your story, your character, and your ideology that life can be and is in actuality worth so much more than its demons and its lows.

If you've read this far, thank you guys as well. This was something I needed to let out and needed people to understand, just for my own sake, I guess.

I know there's a lot of crazy stuff going on in the world right now, so the timing for this rant may be a little misplaced, but that wasn't its intention. I've needed to distract myself from the world's craziness, and finally having the stuff I said above realized, has only further motivated me to make a change.

Amazing how much one can influence another, huh?

With much love~

Marvel_Hiddles_Stark