Pepperony Drabbles

Hey y'all! 

ngl i wasn't anticipating an update today, but i was going through old writing and found this thing in my drafts, and thought i'd touch it up and post it for you guys. There isn't really any plot, lol, it's just a fluffy little Pepperony drabble :)

it's short, i know, but enjoy this nonsense :D

~~~

"How do you drink that stuff?" Stark retorted with a disgusted frown as he gestured to the steaming cup of Hōjicha green tea that sat on the CEO's desk.

"It keeps me awake," she responded dryly, cerulean eyes glued to the computer monitor. Pepper had been in the office for most of the day, even sacrificing her usually crucial lunch break to finish up some paperwork that Tony promised he'd attend to. As per usual, he'd totally either completely forgotten or totally didn't care. She presumed it was the latter.

He'd been bugging her for what she imagined to be the past ten hours – at least, that's what it felt like – and she knew it was partly because they were still in the early stages of their relationship. Meaning, it had been mere weeks since they'd first slept together, and since then Tony – ever the proud stallion he was – and his incredibly demanding libido and unbelievably high drive refused to be tamed. What did that mean for Pepper, you ask? Well, not only did she find herself constantly reminding him to keep his hands to himself in public, but she was frequently interrupted during the most bizarre hours of the work day by a hot and bothered Tony Stark, and she'll be the first one to tell you just how hilarious (and frightening) that can be to witness.

Every time, though, she's turned him down. After all, she's not about to stoop that low and has always prided herself for her immaculate self-control and moral compass.

Still, there was no denying that it was a definite challenge; turning him down, that was. He made it as difficult as possible, and most days it took almost forty-five minutes before he'd sulk out of her office in defeat.

Tea, believe it or not, somehow kept her grounded, gave her the energy required to keep Tony Stark's shameless intimate prowess at bay. The extreme bitterness of the liquid not only kept her awake, but kept her focused.

Thus, the special blend of tea leaves and minimal caffeine with a pinch of sugar was very much a necessity during a time like this, where Pepper was anticipating working overtime as well as putting up with Tony's antics.

With a slow sigh she spoke again. "Plus, Hōjicha tea is herbal; has many health benefits. Strengthens your bones, counteracts oxidative stress on the brain, reduces the risk of cancers and neurological disorders-"

The genius let out an amused snort as he crossed his arms over his chest, rolling his eyes in disbelief. He stood, eyeing her from the other side of her desk.

"What?" Potts added with narrowed eyes, looking up to those enquiring chestnut pools.

She was met with a familiar, playful smile that made her stomach do somersaults. His eyes twinkled. "Only you would drink tea that counteracts oxidative stress levels and prevents neurological maladies."

She shrugged casually. "It's healthy."

"Which is probably why it's so disgusting," he responded with a puckered face. "Too much bitter, too little flavor."

With a smirk Pepper pushed away from her desk, crossing her own arms so she could study his features with curious eyes; his devilishly handsome features, might she add. Pepper, self-control. "This is coming from someone who drinks six cups of black coffee a day?"