Fantasy (Pepperony)

Winky wonky this is a bit naughty. 

lmao jkjkjk i just felt like saying that, hehe

but for real, this is more risque than most of my other oneshots, but I got the idea and couldn't help myself. Don't worry, it's still only pg 13, and it doesn't go beyond kissing. It's just tony being tony and pepper being pepper.......................... also, set between the first two Iron Mans, so no spoilers.  

eNjOy

~~~~~

To say that Pepper Potts was overwhelmed, would be a complete understatement. To say that she was a panicked, stressed, total mess wouldn't even begin to describe the pounding in her chest or the shaking of her hands as she frantically finished her last email, that was addressed to Hammer Industries. 

In the weeks - no - months following Tony's unplanned declaration that he was Iron Man, Pepper's inbox had virtually exploded. She couldn't even begin to count the number of emails she had to respond to, and Pepper, being - well, Pepper - forced herself to read each and every one of them before she responded to each and every one of them. 

So yeah, it was straining, and it had sucked up most of her time lately. Said time included missing out on several more press conferences in follow up of the announcement, none of which she was particularly fond of anyhow. All she wanted to do was go back to her apartment, and sleep the days away, which was unusual for the otherwise control-freak work-crazy business woman she realized she had become. 

What she hadn't expected, though, was for Tony to take notice to all the time she'd 'wasted' (in his opinion) dealing with the public and managing so many emails from tech companies across the globe. Really, whether she was sad to admit it or not, she didn't  expect the billionaire to relatively care about what she was doing with her life, and she wasn't sure if she was happy to admit that she'd been wrong in assuming something like that. 

No matter what, though, the workaholic continued to work into the wee hours of the morning, failing to realize that in doing so part of herself was becoming like Tony. 

Currently, the assistant was seated in the downstairs living room of Tony's mansion, typing away on her laptop despite the screaming of her head and the subtle ache in her fingers. Her headache was making it hard to see straight, and soon enough the words on the screen began to swirl together in a sort of hazy fuzz. 

Pepper shook her head a multitude of times, attempting to deter the annoyingly painful feeling from her head. Much to her disappointment, nothing was working and she eventually forced herself to slam the laptop shut and take a breather. 

She allowed her head to tilt back on the expensive sofa, closing her eyes and taking in a much needed breath. She would read over the letter tomorrow, after she got a good night's sleep. After all, it was well past one in the morning and she knew she was better off heading home to her own bed and her cozy PJ's.