3.3

Lena Carragher, Miami Beach Florida, 11/12/2012

I've been knocking at Tessa's door all day long.

"I only want to talk to you. I don't know why you locked here, please, open the door."

Silence is my answer. If I call her cellphone, she doesn't answer, if I try to push papers inside her house with my boots, she returns them.

She ran away yesterday, some hours after noon. I followed her until I reached her father's house, and hearing the sound of sobs at the other side of the door, made me feel awful. If I can't be a good friend, I won't be a good girlfriend.

Fuck! And it'll be okay with me if only I know what I did, what of my actions hurt her that much for her to avoid me in every way possible. I would be able to comfort her, but I don't know why she's sad.

"I've doughnuts with me," I say hoping that she'll open the door that way, but of course, it remains closed. "And Doritos, you can't deny a big bag of Doritos."

I'm going to scream again, but I receive a text message from Sadie, ordering me to meet her in South Pointe Park, signed with FBG, so it must be something urgent.

Sadie is my best friend, but I can't leave Tessa behind, not when she's hiding inside her house, she already tried to avoid eating so her mother won't disturb her for her weight, even when she's thinner than me, and knowing that she might try it again, makes me feel sick.

"Listen," I say controlling my voice, trying to keep it calm. "Sadie has an emergency, for some reason she wrote Fries Before Guys, I understand if you don't want to come with me, you're mad for something that I don't know, so," I leave the box of doughnuts and the bag of Doritos at her front door, "I'm leaving you this, if you get hungry, open the door, and you'll have food, okay?"

After some seconds without receiving an answer, I leave Tessa's house.

I'llask Sadie what's happening with my friend, and maybe I can also help her withthe emergency.