;11

With excited and warm chatter now filling the living room, Kenzie managed to sneak outside. It being the middle of December, the sun set very early in the night. She watched the sun go down and shivered gently. Sitting down on the table outside the door, she looked back.

"Awful cold out here, don't you think?" Matt's presence stood behind her as she shook in the cold softly.

"It's not all that cold out." Kenzie said with a quiet mutter of a shiver.

"You and I both know that is a lie, and you need to either go inside or get a coat on your pretty little self."

"Listen here, it is NOT cold!" Kenzie shivered as Matt walked up behind her and put his sweatshirt over her shoulders and kissed her forehead gently.

"You didn't expect it to be cold, did you?"

"I thought it was going to be a slight bit warmer but its not and that is fine..." Kenzie leaned back into him and he hugged her shoulders. No one had given her a real hug since August came and if she was being honest, she missed it.

"I don't know how many times I can apologize, Kenzie, but I want you to know that I am really truly sorry. and I want you back.. so bad." Matt's voice disrupted the quiet nature and the hum of crickets.

"Its not like I don't want you back, it's that I can't handle being hurt like that again." Kenzie explained with a soft tear now coming to her eye.

"But I want you back more than you'll ever know, Matt."

a/n: hiyesiknow this is super duper short! but i need you guys to hype my other story pleas e im begging u