Epilogue

This is for @Tammy_Ships because I do feel bad about ending this story on such a bad note.

______________________________

Zane woke up on the couch. The television was still on from him watching it that morning. He must have fallen asleep. He checked the time, only ten in the morning. He wasn't asleep for too long. He looked around at his surroundings. The plate of food Zane left for Garroth was still there left untouched. Zane frowned and let a sigh escape his lips. His concern for his brother grew with each passing day after their "escape". Zane rose from the couch and went to clean the plate of cold food.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. It startled Zane causing him to nearly drop the plate. He put the plate down and went to open the door only to find Aphmau in tears. She threw herself at Zane burying her face into his chest. Clueless, Zane asked, "Aphmau, are you okay!? What happened!?" She stepped away from Zane and looked to Aaron who was standing behind her. He looked like he had also been crying, his eyes were bloodshot red. "I...It's Garroth..." Aaron managed to get out, his voice was broken. Zane felt his heart stopped. "Where...?" He quickly asked. "The graveyard," Aaron answered. Zane pushed past them and ran as fast as he could all the way to the graveyard.

When he got there, he was out of breath but he didn't notice. The panic had already taken over his entire body. He looked around before running a bit more around the graveyard. He stopped in his tracks when he saw Kawaii~Chan standing near Katelyn and Travis who were crouched down. Kawaii~Chan was frozen, the color drained from her face which was frozen in an expression Zane didn't have a word to describe. He could only describe it has a mix of fear, sadness, and shock. She turned to see Zane standing there. Kawaii~Chan, barely able to walk, made her way over to him and hugged him. "Zane, I...I'm so sorry..." She said silently, her voice was just as broken as Aaron's. Zane acted without thinking and pushed her away. Kawaii~Chan didn't say anything because she knew he didn't do it on purpose.

Zane slowly made his way over to where Katelyn and Travis were crouched. Travis was facing towards Zane while Katelyn had her back turned to him. Travis noticed Zane, he looked up to meet Zane's eyes. "I'm so sorry, man...I should've been more open to him...let him know I was here for him..." Travis's voice broke towards the end of the sentence and he began to quietly sob. Near Travis's right foot, Zane saw a bit of blonde hair which was red at the roots and he felt his heart completely leave his body. "No, that's...that's not him..." Zane thought out loud. Katelyn turned to Zane revealing slightly more of the body in front of her. Zane didn't hear her say, "I'm so sorry Zane..." Everything was quiet and his body was numb. Katelyn stood up and started to move away from the body. Her shoes had blood on them, so did Travis's shoes and hands. Katelyn ran over to Kawaii~Chan. Kawaii~Chan hugged her in response.

Zane couldn't believe his eyes. He couldn't breathe or feel his body. He fell to his knees and he stared with wide eyes at his brother's lifeless corpse. "Gar...Garroth...?" He tapped his brother's shoulder as an attempt to wake him. Travis got up and came around to the side of Garroth Zane was on to comfort Zane. "Garroth, stop this...this isn't funny..." Travis took in a sharp inhale, "Zane, there's no use..." Zane didn't know how to react. All he could do was sob, so that's what he did. He picked up Garroth's torso and hugged him, sobbing into his shoulder. Travis bowed his head and silently sobbed while he kept his hand on Zane's back.

It wasn't long until an ambulance showed up. There was no use in going to the hospital with Garroth. He was long gone and the first responders had confirmed that. Zane refused to leave the graveyard that night. Kawaii~Chan, Aaron, Aphmau, and Travis stayed with him. Aaron and Aph were the first to leave and Travis followed not long after. Aphmau came back after a little while to bring Zane and Kawaii~Chan food and blankets knowing Zane would spend the night there and Kawaii~Chan would not leave his side.

Zane was so grateful for Kawaii~Chan to be with him but he also liked being alone with her. He noticed her shivering and he offered to share a blanket which she kindly accepted. All Zane wanted was to be with her. He put his arm around her and pulled her closer. Kawaii~Chan felt her cheeks turn slightly pink but she went with it and rested her head on Zane's shoulder as they looked up to the stars.

"I know they are happy." Zane managed to say after a long time of being silent. It took Kawaii~Chan a minute to understand what Zane was saying but when she did, she smiled and nodded. She pointed to two starts that sat next to each other and glowed brighter than any other in the sky, "They must be." She said was a smile on her face, still pointing at the bright stars. Zane smiled and felt himself start to tear. Kawaii~Chan noticed and sat up next to Zane. "Zane, anytime you need to talk. You know I'm here for you." She smiled down at him and leaned in to kiss him. "I know you are," he responded.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked. Kawaii~Chan made a slight hum to tell him he had her attention. "I'm kind of relieved." Kawaii~Chan looked at him and she didn't know what to say. What did he mean? He was relieved his brother was dead? Zane noticed her confusion and slight anger, he quickly added, "Don't get me wrong! I miss him more than anything! It just pained me so much to see him mope around the house. He would talk to himself as if Laurence was there. He got worse and worse with every passing day. I can't even remember the last time he ate. He distanced himself from everyone and then disappeared during the day." Kawaii~Chan frowned, "I can see where you're coming from..." Zane smiled up at her and said, "I love you so much, Nana." Kawaii~Chan smiled and kissed him once more before saying it back. Zane pointed up at the two brightest stars,

"They are in their own heaven now as the rulers of the land they created. Hopefully, we can one day get the invitation to join them."