Heart Broken

It was the next morning and I was asleep in my bed with Colby next to me. I rolled over to look at his sleepy face. God Colby what happened we used to be so close. I ran my fingers though his hair he woke up "good morning" I said "morning" he said getting up. "Colby what's wrong?" I asked. See I know Colby like the back of my hand if he was himself right now he would have said something like good morning beautiful or gave me a kiss or something. "Nothing" he said throwing pants on "Colby I am not fucking stupid why have you been so distant lately you barely talk to me anymore and when we do it's not even a real conversation" I said "I don't know lex" he said back. Now I was getting pissed "Colby stop playing dumb with me and just tell me what's wrong" I said now raising my voice "I am just not feeling it anymore lately" he said quickly making my heart shatter. He has broken me once but now twice. I sat there tears In my eyes. "Lex I am sorry that came out wrong" he said I got up and grab my phone "Come on lex I didn't mean it" he said following me down the stairs "no it's alright Colby you did mean it because if you didn't then you wouldn't have said it" I said my voice cracking. Everyone was downstairs and came up to us even Brennen was here "that's not what I meant I am just confused" he said "yeah will you don't seem so confused to me. You don't feel it anymore and that's alright" I said trying to keep it together my heart was hurt so bad. "Lex come on let's talk" he said walking after me as I made my way to the front door. "I am leaving I just can't right now ok" I said slamming the door. Did he actually mean it. He doesn't feel it anymore. Feel what? He doesn't love me anymore? I got in my car and drove to the end of the street and parked. I broke down in tears. My phone was blowing up with text from Colby and Brennen and Jake and everyone else asking if I am alright. I just ignored it. I am so over his shit. First he cheats on me and I take him back like the dumbass I am because I believed he was in love with me then he just doesn't feel it anymore if he was really in love with me he would still love me. I cried some more. I didn't want to be in the Trap house anymore I needed to get away.

Colby-come on lex I didn't mean it like that
Colby-can we just talk
Colby-I am just confused

I drove back to the Trap house. When I walked in everyone was standing around. "Lex come on can we talk" he asked "you have 5 minutes" I said walking up stairs. We got to my room and he sat on the bed as I sat there staring in space. Thinking is this really over. "Lex I love you I truly do but you even know that we have been distant and we don't have a lot in common anymore and I have been talking to this girl and she has me confused" he said "wait you have been talking to someone else?" I asked "no as a friend but I just might like her and her and I just get alon-" he said before I cut him "Fuck You colby, literally after everything I still took you back and this is what you do to me" I said yelling "Lexi it's not all my fault you know you don't feel the same and I see the way you look at Jake and you can't tell me you haven't thought about him once" he said "where the fuck did this come from. sure I have thought about it but I have never did anything about it and I always had you in my mind" I said crying "I am sorry ok" he said "just stay out of my life we are over so now you won't be confused you can go have her" I said. "Come on we can figure something out" he said "no get out my room. I am packing my shit and leaving" I said. He left and slammed the door. I fell on the floor crying. Devyn and Brennen and Jake came in. "Lex I heard everything are you okay?" Devyn asked "no I am not okay I took him back after everything and I love him" I said crying worse now. "Can we get a minute alone?" Jake asked them "yeah" they said and walked out "Lex I am sorry you deserve better okay? If he can't see how amazing you are that's his fault and not yours. Sometimes shit happens and love falls apart but you guys will find you way back to each other" he said pulling me in a hug. We stared at each other. Why is he so nice? This is the guy that Colby once was. "I have to go" I said getting up grabbing my wallet and keys. I left the Trap house and just drove for a good 2 hours. I made my way to a little hotel that I plan on staying at until I get a apartment. Colby and I are over and I was hurt broken. I want to a near by store and got some clothes for the night.

Brennen-are you okay?

Lexi-no I am not okay I just lost the love of my life because I wasn't good enough

Brennen-don't say that you are good enough. Where are you?

Lexi-I am two hours away from Los Angeles

Brennen-I am coming to you send me your address

Lexi-Brennen it's fine

Brennen-no it's not I am coming so send me your address

Lexi-Okay

I sent my address. Two hours later Brennen showed up. I tried to fix my hair and makeup but there was no use I had bags under my eyes and I looked a mess. "Hi" I said opening the door for Brennen "hey" he said pulling me in a hug. I was going to close the door when Brennen said "wait" "why?" I asked "Come on Jake" he said "you brought Jake here to?" I asked "no I wanted to come" Jake said "oh" I said trying not to look a mess. "Oh would you look at that I brought ice cream and movies" Brennen said "you are like the best friend I will always need" I said hugging him. We watched movies on the tv in the tiny hotel room. We all fell asleep after watching one movie. I slept on the bed on one side and Jake fell asleep on the other. Brennen was fast asleep on the floor.

The next morning....
When I woke up I still felt hurt. Brennen wasn't anywhere to be seen. He left me a text that said 'left to go get breakfast' I looked over and Jake was still asleep. It was nice of him to come check up on me. "Good morning. Wow this is what Colby saw every morning and he just throw it all away, he's ungrateful" Jake said putting his hand on my check making me blush "thank you Jake" I said smiling. He pulled me in a hug "I am sorry about everything that happened with him but you need to worry about you and don't stress over him trust me he will come to reality and see what he has lost" I looked up at Jake. Our faces inches away. I just leaned in. I couldn't take it anymore I had to see what his lips were like against mine. He kissed back. I got on his lap and he ran his fingers though my hair. "Your amazing don't forget that" Jake said. "But your in love with Colby and I think we all know Colby is in love with you. You need to figure that out and what you want lex" Jake said "I want you" I said "no you like the idea of me" he said looking sad "not true Jake we get alone great and you are so sweet and amazing" I said before he put his finger over my lips. "I won't tell Colby" he said getting up "so that's it?" I asked "no I will come by and see you everyday and we won't tell Colby. Got it?" He said winking "got it" I said blushing. Colby and I might not be together but he would never talk to Jake if he knew what just happened. Best friends don't do that but today Jake did. Maybe it's just the heart break talking but I am starting to like Jake. "Text me when you are back in LA" he said walking out. I bite my lip. Maybe it's true when one door closes another one opens. "Hey where is Jake going?" Brennen asked walking in "back home but I will be home later today. I found a apartment I will be staying at" I said "oh ok well here is breakfast I will see you at home" Brennen said walking out. Now I just had to go back to the Trap house and get my stuff