>4<

<•> Marks Office <•>

"Mark, Godzilla's sudden change of 'mood' isn't really normal of him-", "No, It is normal. Look at his vitals, and the way he moves. Don't you guys understand?" Rick interrupts Chen, bringing up the recorded video of today's event involving the teens and Godzilla. "If you guys didn't notice before, Godzilla turns to look at (Y/N) inside the box. Sure you can hear him growling at her but once she gets out of the box he suddenly stops."
Rick looks at Mark awaiting his side of the conversation but all he receives is a worried look from him.
"I- I don't know," he whispers finally breaking the silence, "Of all my years studying, watching animals (mostly wolves) they only act this kind of way when- when-," he didn't finish, no he couldn't believe this was happening. This was impossible. "Mark what are you saying?", Dr. Chen asked, placing a hand on Marks shoulder. He took a deep breath, "Any animal only shows this kind of behavior when," both doctors were now staring at Mark intently, "When they find a- a mate." Dr. Rick was the first to break the silence with a whistle, "Looks like Godzilla liked (Y/N)'s PJs after all." He joked, trying to lighten the mood. Mike glared at him, "Rick I'm not playing around. (Y/N) could be in danger for all we know!" Dr. Chen watched with worried eyes as the two continued arguing, "We have to send (Y/N) away from the base." She suddenly spoke up catching both men's attention. Mike sighed, "I have a friend who offered to watch over Madison, I can take (Y/N) there too. They'll both be safe there." He informed them. They nodded in agreement, "We have to keep this a secret from the Monarch, who knows what they'll do to her if they ever find out." Rick warned, taking a sip from his cold coffee.
Mike frowned, "Another reason why I never wanted her to join." He muttered crossing his arms. Dr. Chen placed a hand on his shoulder, "They'll be alright, you'll see." He gave her a small smile, "I hope your right."

(Y/N)'s POV :

I stood in front of the mirror, my favorite (F/C) shirt with the words 'I don't Care' went well with my blacked ripped jeans and my black vans. "That was embarrassing." I mumbled remembering my pjs, I shook my head before heading over to Madi a forced smile placed on my lips. "Dad said he was sending me away." I stopped as Madi looked over at me, still gloomy. "What!?" I shouted, immediately taking a seat next to her. "He said this was no place for me and stuff. But I don't want to go." I sighed, "Don't worry, Madi. I'll find a way for you to stay." I reassured her. "If you say so." She whispered. I bit my lip, Madison's never been this sad since her mother's death... I guess I really messed up BIG time I jumped as someone knocked on the door, "Madison? (Y/N)? Are you guys in here?" I frowned, "I'll get it." I mumbled to Madison.
"What do you want Mark?" I asked opening the door, "We have to talk."
"If it's about me punching you then I'm sorry, really I am." (Y/N) apologized feeling the guilt rise up again. Mark waved his hand dismissively, "It was my fault too but this is about something else and I'd like to talk to both of you, after all it concerns you both." You raised a brow but let him pass, "Dad?" Madison suddenly stood up walking over to him embracing him in a hug. I stood their awkwardly, "Ahem? Sooo?" I started hating to break their moment. Mark cleared his throat, "You might want to sit down..."

No Ones :

Mark watched (Y/N) take a seat next to her daughter, the thought of (Y/N) possibly being- he frowned, no this won't happen cause he won't allow it and that's that. He sighed, "I'm worried about both of you.", "But we're fine.", "No, your  not fine and you both know it. Look, I've talked to Dr. Rick and Chen and well we agreed to send you both to my friends house. There you will be safe from harm, from the monsters we keep here at Monarch." (Y/N) frowned, it felt like Mark was talking about her more than Madison's safety, "But I can't. I've been assigned here at this base, I Can't just leave my job you know?" She said, not liking where this was going anymore. "You don't need to worry, Dr. Rick needs you to research on Uh...plants over there. My friend does study those weird looking plants..." Mark made a disgusted face, catching (Y/N)'s attention, "Really? Are they THAT weird!? Do they come from THE island!?" She asked suddenly smiling. Mark nodded, "Oh yeah!" Madison just stared in astonishment, how could her father trick them like that!? It was so obvious...but not that obvious to (Y/N) as you can see. "Well if that's the case I might agree with you." Mark nodded, mission accomplished, "That's all I needed to hear."

<•>
Ugh, school started so I couldn't update this book on time, sorry about that. Hope you enjoyed the chapter ^^