Chapter 9

While Wooseok had told Minhee he was planning on confessing he doesn't try to put his words into action over the next two weeks. Its exam period for everyone so he's too busy stressing over not failing and actually getting good grades to play with the idea of laying his heart to Jinhyuk to either pick up and give a chance or break right there and then.

Actually, he's starting to think he should wait more time, maybe the end of the semester? So if things go south he can move away from the apartment, he can't imagine how awkward things would turn out if Jinhyuk rejects him.

Jinhyuk would still be nice and kind to him, that is not something Wooseok doubts but he doesn't think he would feel comfortable with the way Jinhyuk would most probably be walking on eggshells around him to not do something to hurt him and also forcing Jinhyuk to always see the gloxinia, a vibrant reminder of Wooseok's one-sided feelings for him.

Minhee notices how Wooseok is losing his courage. Wooseok has no idea how the younger is able to notice it but he still does, points it out when they're making their way to the fancy -at least fancier than the one he lives in- apartment building Minhee lives in.

"You just give off these vibes," Minhee tries to explain after Wooseok gives him a confused look "Or you stopped giving off the other vibes... the point is, I can see you're feeling down about it," His hand pats his back once and then twice, a comforting gesture that Wooseok is grateful for.

"Maybe its the stress, I'm already feeling negative about one of my classes," Professor Yumi while a small and admittedly cute woman doesn't show any mercy with her tests, her students even think she does them extra hard on purpose.

Minhee nods and hums mulling over Wooseok's words. It does make sense the negativity is spreading to other thoughts Wooseok has.

"How are you holding up though? I heard Donghyun apologized to you?" Wooseok changes the topic, a curious and also worried glint in his doe eyes as he looks up at Minhee. They're still far away enough for Minhee to relate what had happened to him, Donghyun had refused to do so, only sending him a text that he had reached out for Minhee.

The younger sighs turning his face away. Wooseok's eyes catch the way Minhee's right hand moves to his left wrist, his fingers moving up his forearm to stroke the hyacinths marked on his skin.

~🌸~

Like any other Friday Minhee goes to the library after his meal with his friends in the cafeteria, Yunseong going with him to study alongside him before his next class.

They had been doing a terrible job at studying both instead talking in hushed whispers sitting on the table farthest from everyone else who was actually studying. Minhee feels the same familiar butterflies fly around his stomach each time Yunseong smiles at him, unable to not smile back especially when he sees the mirth in Yunseong's eyes that turn his eyes all the more prettier in Minhee's opinion.

He doesn't notice when someone joins them, the sound the chair makes as it is pulled back the only thing that makes Minhee look away from Yunseong's face.

His crush leans back away from him but the feeling of his breathing so close to his ear because of his whispering so close lingers on him. Minhee glances at the seat in front of Yunseong where he finds Donghyun sitting on, a thick book with a title Minhee can't read nor would understand the meaning of because of their different majors lays on top of the table in front of him, a notebook under it and Minhee finds a pen behind Donghyun's ear.

"You don't mind I sit here right? I don't want to be sitting alone but-" Yunseong cuts his boyfriend off, shaking his head with a soft smile on his lips before he tells him there's no need to ask, of course, can sit with them, Minhee can detect how he finds the question even silly on his voice.