scared : markgyeom

yugyeom jumps around his room, trying to tell himself to do what he wanted to do. he knows his hyungs know he's a bit of a scaredy-cat at night, especially because bambam is gone, there's a thunderstorm, and his night light just went out.

yugyeom knows any of his members won't mind if he walks into their room and asks to sleep with them for the night. but he's still worried about bothering any of them. it's late. he doesn't want to wake any of them up because he's like a little kid.

but when a flash of lightning makes it look like there's a person standing in the corner of his room, yugyeom runs into the hallway and tries to figure out whose room to go into.

he ended up with his hand on the door knob of mark's room because he knows jackson is in jinyoung's room instead of asleep in his own bed in his shared room with mark.

yugyeom shouldn't be surprised that mark is still awake and playing on his phone despite it being three in the morning. mark rarely goes to sleep at a good time but he sleeps in and is fine.

yugyeom hates being up late so mark is a bit shocked to see yugyeom awake and walking into his room. and then he takes his earbuds out and hears the thunder and he understands.

"mark hyung, can i sleep in here, tonight?" yugyeom's face makes it impossible for mark to say no, not that he wanted to. there's a pout present on his lips that makes him sound even cuter than normal and mark feels lucky to be such a cute boy's hyung.

the moment mark says yes, yugyeom runs back to his room to grab his favorite pillow that he needs to sleep or else he'll have to steal one of mark's pillows and he'd feel even worse and like more of an inconvenience.

"do you want to sleep in jackson's bed?" mark asks when yugyeom gets back and shuts the door. mark shines his phone flashlight so yugyeom can see around the otherwise pitch black room.

"can i sleep with you?" yugyeom asks, hugging his pillow, a long, colorful, cat pillow that makes the boy look like a little kid. well, it would, if the was a bit shorter.

mark nods and scoots over. he knows yugyeom prefers to sleep next to the wall so he lets yugyeom climb over him and crawl under mark's blankets that are a bit heavier than his own and keep him a bit warmer and make him feel a bit safer. but he doesn't know if that's the blanket or mark right next to him.

"goodnight, hyung," yugyeom says quietly. he's thankful for the blackout curtains that mark and jackson have in their room because it means he can't see the lightning. ideally, he would like to not be able to hear the thunder either but at least he's not alone.

"goodnight, yugyeom." mark runs a hand through yugyeom's hair. he can see the boy drifting to sleep already and can't help but stare at his pretty face for a while when he knows the boy won't know and feel like he did something for mark to be staring at him, making the boy insecure.

yugyeom sleeps soundly just having mark in the room with him. even if he wants to cuddle with his hyung, he doesn't to not make him uncomfortable. he had no reason to think it would make mark's uncomfortable but he thinks too much for his own good.

mark is the one to wake yugyeom up at 11 the next day. the boy usually wouldn't wake up so late but being up until three in the morning meant for a sleepy yugyeom.

"yuggie, time to wake up," mark's says quietly at first as he started to shake the younger boy's shoulder.

"hyung," yugyeom whines and rolls over to straddle and shove his face into his pillow.

"i'll make you breakfast," mark baits and tries to roll him over. he finally gets yugyeom to sit up and leave the room so they can get some breakfast.

the korean members watch mark lead yugyeom into the living room by holding his hand. yugyeom is barley awake as mark sat him down in a chair and tells him he'll get him a bowl of cereal.

no one knows why mark seems to be babying yugyeom but they don't think much of it. they all enjoy doting on the youngest, especially when bambam is in thailand because he know he is probably feeling more lonely without his best friend.

mark brings yugyeom a bowl of cereal along with setting his own down at the table spot next to yugyeom. yugyeom thanks mark and begins stuffing his face with more cereal than he should but that's nothing new.

"how'd you sleep?" mark asks, playing with a piece of long hair from yugyeom's almost mullet that made the younger look so incredibly soft.

"really good. your bed is so comfy." yugyeom relishes in the feeling of mark playing with his hair and closes his eyes, almost starting to fall back asleep.

and that night, yugyeom's night light is still broken and bambam is still gone so he makes his way back to mark's room with the same question as the night before.