wheels on the bus : yugyeom

yugyeom just wants to get to school
//

yugyeom sighs to himself as he climbs on the bus. it's only eight in the morning but he already wants to go back home, especially since he knows he'll have to go on the same bus with the same people to get back home.

he sees the snow falling lightly and he wishes he could be playing in it instead of going to school.

two boys, youngjae and jackson, are a few rows behind yugyeom and are just yelling. they're always loud and yugyeom hates it. he hates when people yell or shout and that's all they do, he swears.

they don't even yell anything, it's more just screaming because they can. the driver never tells them to shut up but it's obvious he can hear them, everyone can.

to distract himself, yugyeom looks to his right and sees something he doesn't want to see. jaebeom and jinyoung have their hands down each other's pants. they don't care who sees the things they do so they proudly do it in the open. in the school bus.

the two are whispering to each other but when jaebeom glances up and sees yugyeom watching them, he pretends to lunge at him to scare him and get him to stop looking.

yugyeom turns to just look forward at the back of the seat in front of him.

he smells the faint lingering smell of weed before he realizing what's happening. in the back of the bus, bambam is standing with a joint in his hand and his boyfriend is trying to get him and the joint.

"baby, sit down, give me the joint," mark says, wrapping his arm around bambam's skinny waist and pulling him into his lap.

bambam is such a light weight that he is already high and they still have half an hour until they get to school. mark grabs the joint, taking a hit before he's lifting bambam's shirt to play with the boy's nipples. girls are watching them because they're both hot and popular and they either want to be mark or bambam.

bambam is so vocal that he's moaning and it travels through the bus until they're just putting on a show. not that bambam knows, his eyes are closed and he's high as a kite. mark likes showing his baby off, though.

along with bambam's moans, yugyeom can hear jaebeom's obscene whining as jinyoung gets him off with just his hand.

yugyeom glances to the back and sees that jackson has his pants down and his bare ass is pressed against the window and all his dumb friends are around him laughing their asses off.

yugyeom looks forward and sees the bus driver watching everything in the rear view mirror. he never does anything about it but sure as hell is always watching.

when they arrive to school after another 25 minutes of what yugyeom feels like is hell, yugyeom gets off last. first, he watched jinyoung and jaebeom trying to walk causally even though they both have drying cum in their pants.

second, jackson and youngjae get off. they're draped over each other, still laughing and shouting, just being loud in general, adding to yugyeom's already painful headache.

third, mark and bambam get off. mark had bambam so close to him that there's not an inch of space between them. they're both high but mark is better at playing it off. bambam, however, is giggling his little head off and yugyeom is scared to even think that bambam is cute because mark just might bite his head off if he finds out, even if it means nothing because yugyeom would never even want to date bambam.

throughout the day, yugyeom has classes with all six of the their boys but none of the couples are in the same classes. jinyoung is cheating on jaebeom with a couple different guys when jaebeom is hopelessly in love with him.

mark never shuts up about bambam and the things he does because he thinks it's all so cute while bambam is asked to describe what sex between him and mark is like by their "fangirls". it's obvious that he's uncomfortable but he wants to be cool so he tells them, anyway.

youngjae and jackson are the couple who no one really know if they're together or not. they are affectionate but most of the time act like close friends. but they kiss sometimes and seem like a good couple that anyone would want. youngjae is a lot less loud without jackson with him while jackson is about the same, just a bit less happy without his second half right next to him.

jinyoung is kissing another boy in the bathroom when yugyeom walks in just to do his business. he ignores them and jinyoung knows he won't tell jaebeom, as they've been through his exact thing too many times to count.

he feels back when he walks back to class and sees jaebeom writing a letter or song to jinyoung. but yugyeom doesn't want to die by jinyoung if he tells jaebeom so he doesn't.

in his next class, bambam is trying to do his homework when a group of girls ask him about his and mark's date last night. while he'd rather gush about how mark took him out on a late night picnic, they only care about if they had sex.

"no," bambam lies because it had been special. he and mark had said they loved each other for the first time and then made love. he doesn't want to just tell this random group of girls he doesn't really know.

they walk away and bambam looks down, doodling himself and mark in his notebook. yugyeom would walk over and ask bambam about the date but he doesn't say anything and sits in his usual seat away from everyone else.

at the beginning of lunch, yugyeom walks into the room where they keep the vending machines. only one of them work so not many people go in there but yugyeom doesn't have enough money to get a normal lunch.

he walks in and freezes when he sees mark and bambam standing in the dark room. they're just talking, though.

"everyone here sucks," bambam tells his boyfriend, playing with mark's fingers, "you're the only person i like."

"i'm sorry, angel, it will be okay. just stay at my place tonight."

bambam nods, he let's go of mark's hands to hug the elder and taller instead.

yugyeom leaves, making sure to close the door quietly so they aren't disturbed. he's not exactly surprised but he's just glad to see mark and bambam seeming more than just trouble makers. he is observant and always saw that hidden, but at face value, they seem much less than they truly are.

yugyeom goes to the class he has with jackson. he isn't surprised to see jackson making jokes and being a class clown like always. the teacher loves him, though, so he never gets in trouble.

his phone lock and home screens are both pictures of him and youngjae. one where they're just smiling together and the home screen where jackson is kissing youngjae's cheek.

jackson is so obviously in love with youngjae and he doesn't even try to hide it. he talks about his boyfriend when a girl is obviously trying to flirt with him because he can't care less about anyone who isn't youngjae.

when yugyeom has his class with youngjae, jackson ends up walking into the class as he has a study hall and the teacher likes him so he lets him stay and sit next to youngjae as the class works on their projects.

yugyeom tunes out everyone's talking by putting his earbuds. everyone else has friends, but he doesn't. so he just listen to music and works on his project on his own.

//
based on wheels on the bus by melanie martinez