girls I : yugbam

when yumi sees bambi for the first time, she swears it's love at first sight. and then she hears bambi speak and she knows it's true because she's always though the concept of "love as first sight" was dumb; it's all about looks. but everything about bambi just draws yumi in.

they meet at the mall. yumi is sitting on a bench after buying some new shoes but she's still waiting for her friends to be done. yumi looks up and the first thing she sees is a pair of big platform shoes and she has to see who's wearing them. long bare legs is the next thing she sees, but the moment she sees the girl who is connected to those long legs, she's sure she hears wedding bells.

her long hair is pink, her makeup is pink and sparkly, and her lips are plump and just as pink. she's probably the most beautiful girl that yumi has ever seen.

"excuse me," the girl says, surprising yumi because she didn't even know the girl had walked closer, "can i sit here? my friend is taking a long time."

"of course." yumi scoots over a bit and gives the girl space to sit.

"i'm bambi," the girl tells yumi once she sets her bag down on the ground between her feet.

"i'm yumi. i just want to say that you're really pretty," yumi says quickly. she doesn't actually mean to say it out loud but her mouth seems to have a kind of it as own.

"thank you," bambi says, looking down and obviously blushing. she messes with the end of her skirt before she shyly glances up at yumi.

"she's has to like girls, she has to" is all that's going through yumi's head when they make eye contact and keep it for a few seconds before bambi looks down again with the cutest smile on her face.

they hit it off until yumi has friend are done shopping and she has to leave with them so they don't leave her at the mall. but before she goes, she gets bambi's number and promises to text her.

she doesn't want to text bambi too soon, so she waits until a few hours later, when she's at home, showered, and dressed in her pajamas.

bambi asks to facetime and yumi can't say no. and she's glad she didn't when she sees bambi on her bed, dressed a satin pajama set, and without any makeup on. the pajamas are pink and a bit big on her but it only makes her look even cuter.

"you like the color pink?" yumi asks playfully, noticing the barley there difference from the color of bambi's hair to her pajamas.

bambi giggles, "yeah, it's my favorite color. i want to dye my hair blue when this fades, though."

"maybe i can help to you when you do," yumi offers a bit shyly but gets more confidence because of the way bambi smiles and nods quickly.

they start to facetime almost every night and it's obvious they have feelings for each other, but yumi gets a bit scared when before they call, bambi texts her they she has something to tell her.

"i guess since we're going to meet in person again tomorrow, i should tell you this because i really like you... i was born a boy, but i'm a girl and i've transitioned to be a girl but i still have boy parts," bambi said awkwardly, no where near as fluidly as she had planned out in her head for nearly an hour before this. she sounds like a child and she wishes she could explain it better, but she wants to keep it simple.

yumi nods, not saying much, which scares bambi. until she smiles. "i really like you, bambi."

when they meet the next day, yumi dyes bambi's hair for her. bambi doesn't have any latex gloves so yumi's hands are a bright blue when they're done but she doesn't care because she does accidentally get blue hair dye all over bambi's neck.