Chapter 3

Xisuma barely reached the first step, when suddenly—

*thud*

———————————————

The small slowly turn towards the sound.

The culprit?

The closet.

Xisuma looks at the three, before slowly walking towards the closet.

The other three nodded, and held up stone weapons. Well, two out of three held up stone weapons. The third just had a wooden pickaxe.

Wonder who that is.

Xisuma put a hand on the closet door. He heard whatever was inside stiffen.

He paused. He held out a hand in view of the three, and counted down from five.

Five.

Four.

Three.

Two.

One.

Now.

He slammed open the closet door, just as a figure burst through the now open door.

The figure paused for a moment, before shaking its head, and running to the nearest target.

That target being Mumbo.

He flinched, and held up his pickaxe in an effort to defend himself.

The two dueled for a bit, wood banging against—What is that, obsidian??—until Iskall charged into the figure, momentarily stunning the figure, the obsidian sword falling from its grasp.

Iskall tries to attack, but the figure rolls out of the way, grabbing his sword, and tried to make a break for the stairs.

Before it can get to it, however, Xisuma runs in front of it, brandishing his stone sword.

The figure recoils, before spreading its wings—wait, it has wings?? why didn't they notice this??—and attempting to fly towards a small window.

It almost makes it, when Doc throws his stone sword at one of its wings.

It doesn't impale it, but it does knock it off balance, sending it falling back down to the floor, it's sword far from reach.

Doc walks up to the figure, and they all can finally get a good look at it, now that its not moving around everywhere.

It's a boy, probably no more than 18. He's wearing a green hat and shirt, and, as they noticed before, large purple wings, that now have a small cut on them.

They also notice he's terrified, his unusual purple eyes widening in fear, as they all move closer to him.

They all look at each other, unsure what to do. They weren't sure what they were expecting, but it definitely wasn't a kid.

They huddle together, occasionally looking at the kid to make sure he doesn't try to escape.

"What do we do with him?" Iskall whispered.

"I'm not sure, I wasn't expecting a kid to be in there!" Xisuma whispered. The kid's wings bristled a bit, but otherwise, it didn't seem like he was listening.

"Why—No, how does he have an obsidian sword, that should be impossible.." Doc mutters.

"Where are his parents? ...does he have parents..?"