chapter 3

Lisa Harrington POV

I am in the car right now driving to the court. It's actually a two hour journey from EVARIC's place and you know there are two reasons I went to visit EVARIC'S.
One is I can't take important decisions of my life without talking to them and the second is it takes long distance to reach the court from here . I just want to spend as much as time as I can before going to the court with myself and to think about my commitment which I am going to break.

To think about the day when I got myself into this committed commitment.
I can still remember that day like yesterday when it happened.
It all started that day !
My birthday!
I was excited that day though I will not be excited for my birthday everytime but that time I was !
Before last year my birthday was very special as I got a surprise in the early morning. As soon as I woke up in the morning I opened my eyes only to see my room decorated in pink and silver balloons.

Last time I was confused who did that but later I remembered it was none other than dad! I remember Evara wrote that in Hearted Heartless that on her every birthday dad used to surprise her like this

I'm sure there will be similar surprise today too. I opened my eyes.
Yes, you guys are right the whole room was again decorated with balloons but this time they are blue and silver. I smiled and got out from the bed only to see messages from Hazel and Jason wishing me happy birthday and lots of happiness. Later I brushed my teeth and washed my face feeling so good and fresh as ever. I came out of the washroom and I saw mom setting a emerald green colored dress and some boxes on my bed.
"Mom?" I said and she looked at me with a big smile and said,
"Happy birthday Lisa!
May God bless you a very long life and all the happiness of the world!"I smiled and hugged her and she hugged me back with so much of love and affection.

"Mom, what is this?" I asked her and she said,
"These are for you Lisa!"

"I don't want these mom!
I have many clothes already!" I said and she gave me don't tell me you are going to wear your boring white shirt and black trousers on your birthday look.

I sighed and as usual took my new black shirt and new black jeans from the closet . As soon as mom saw those in my hands she immediately grabbed them and said,
"You are not going to hospital today and I will not allow you to wear these boring clothes atleast on your birthday."

"Mom !
These are not boring!
These are professional!
I can't go to hospital wearing a colourful Maxi dress and you very well know how much I feel uncomfortable wearing those dresses and colourful colors."

"Today is your birthday and I am not going to listen to you!
Today I'm going to show to the world how pretty and beautiful my daughter really is!
I'm going to show the girl behind that baggy clothes and think rimmed glasses to the world . " Mom said about me proudly to which I replied,
"I'm neither pretty nor beautiful!
I'm just an average looking girl mom and you very well know how much I hate to be in spot light."