chapter 14

Lisa Harrington Saltzman POV

Hearing Evara's name again was second forceful blow to them. It was like poking the already bleeding wound. Though all thinks that the wound is healed but it didn't and I know that well and that it will not heal forever.

All reminded silent. Tears were flowing from mom's eyes and dad was trying really hard to control his tears from flowing as he loves Evara more than anyone father can. I looked at Evan and his face was emotionless.
Told you !
He has moubie syndrome .

Kevin and Roseline remained silent lost in the sadness just like us as they were also really close to Evara. The whole dining room which was filled with laughter a moment ago turned into a grieving hall . I can't blame them as I myself couldn't hold my tears any longer thinking about EVARIC.  Yes, I can't alone think of Evara as they do as they are always EVARIC for me.

You have to be strong Lisa.
You can't let your parents sad.  I said to myself and said,
"Wow, the dishes smell and look amazing .
I don't know how you are all not drowned in my saliva now. " I said smiling and small smile crept from all their lips except Evan's.

I think he is missing his best friend. I heard this is his first time coming to this house after Evara left this house and this world.  Even yesterday he was only in the garden like a plant there sticking to the ground. I even observed that he never entered into the house though mom insisted him.

" Me too !" Dad said with sharing bright smile and all smiles at his childish tone and the room brightened up again but my inner self mocked at me saying ,
Really Lisa ?
Your saliva will flood this place?
Of all these, you should had at least made some sensible joke instead of that lame insane joke which was the worst.

What will he think of you Lisa?
Did you ever thought how lame you sounded ? I ignored her sarcasm and mom started serving as mom likes to serve the guest by herself even though there is a maid. Maid only help us in cleaning and other things where as mom is the one who cooks all time between the past two years and I will help her when ever I get time as I already know how to cook since my school days but I can't cook as good as her even by one bit, but mom is exactly opposite of me as her food is delicious and she says that I am a very very good cook and I had improved a lot in baking .

I got up from my seat and I too started serving helping mom even though she insisted that I should sit and enjoy the meal. Every time I was serving something to Evan he denied and he only had some salad and roasted chicken in his plate which of course mom served.
I think something is not right .
Don't overthink like everytime you do Lisa.
Now don't tell me you didn't noticed his perfect eight packs and do you think all those abs comes from the junk which you eat everyday.
Understand Lisa !
He is the sexiest business man and he need to keep that going on and to keep that going on,  he should follow a regular and balances diet. My inner self rolled her eyes sarcastically and I kept silent again because she may be right and I might be over thinking.
Note maybe and might be !

Throughout the whole dinner Evan never talked he just nodded his head in Yes or No using his Atlas and axis not his muscular tongue and sparkling white teeth. Frankly speaking I can't even blame him when I did the same as both Evan's parents and my parents are discussing , laughing about the things which I have no idea about so I remained silent silently concentrating on the food in front of me which obviously  is very delicious as I mentioned.

After eating breakfast all of them sat in the living room smiling and joking . Suddenly dad got off from his teeth and said,
"Attention everyone you know today I am very happy after many days for the first time. I was happy when Evara was born and the second time when Evara  called me dad and after all that time I felt alive again when Lisa came into my life and then today I am happy again because of Lisa and the decision she made .
Thank you Lisa for making me this happy again so I am ending the suspense now by announcing at the start Lisa doesn't wanted to marry Evan and she told me her decision yesterday after the party but I don't know what happened after the party but I am glad whatever happened has really happened and she accepted accepted to marry Evan finally.
Kevin I can't tell you how happy I am now , see our children agreed to tie a knot and are taking our friendship and business to an another level."

Rosaline and mom both got from thier seats and hugged each other like teenagers and ran towards me to hug and they obviously did by sandwiching  me between them as mom showered kisses on my right temple with so much of happiness.

I looked at Evan who was looking stunned by my dad's statement and was about to say something but stopped  when he noticed that I was looking at him and he immediately masked his facial expressions and made neutral face like nothing happened and he doesn't want to say anything else .
Dad opened the champagne bottle and gave the glasses to all saying to "Evan and Lisa" and all repeated saying to" Evan and Lisa."

Me and Evan took the glass but never drank from it but our parents were on the way to complete the whole bottle. I was looking at Evan  while he kept looking at EVARIC'S pictures which were hanging on the wall which I copied and framed by taking from the rose yard house.

"We all should go back to home and work."  As soon as those words left from Kevin , Evan immediately got up as if the couch which he was sitting was on fire.

" I will drive." He said quickly and got off from the house without even glancing  in our way.

" Let's discuss about the date and start wedding preparations from tomorrow. " Dad said and all agreed but mom and Rosaline got a little bit excited little bit no much excited hearing wedding preparations word we will see you tomorrow child they both said and hugged me bye.

After sending them we all walked back into home. I was walking ahead whereas dad and mum are walking behind me slowly .
My dream is getting fulfilled Samantha.
" I can't tell how happy I am."  Dad whispered slowly to mom in hope that I didn't hear as I was 3 to 4 feet away from them but what he doesn't know is I heard it.