chapter 21

Lisa Harrington Saltzman POV

"Ok... now , let's go !
I don't have much time to waste on silly things .
I should go again and attend the meeting which I left in the middle because of you !" Evan said to his mom and his mom immediately replied saying ,
"Me?
Pretty not so little Liar!
I know you are here but not for me but for Lisa.
To see her and to spend some quality time with her .
Mom please!
Not again ! " He said a bit embarrassed by is mom pulling his leg constantly.
Why is he being embarrassed ?
  Is he embarrassed because of me and am I embarrassing him?  I thought and my inner self immediately said,
Shut up Lisa .
Can't you see !
Why can't he be embarrassed when his mom is constantly pulling his leg in public and mainly in front his would be wife.

" I know you act like you don't want to spend time with her but I know you do.
Don't worry sugar candy its normal to feel this way before marriage."  Evan's mom said again with a teasing smile and he nodded his head in No , not again and said ,
"Ok, now let's go."

We all went to the Tiffany's &co  and the manager of the store exported us to the rings section. We all sat and the sales woman who introduced herself as Valentina exhibited as the raigs which would cost again more than if fortune to people who didn't have any .

All the ring she was exiting are very big and are very dramatic or I could say not of my taste.

" Ma'am, look at this!
This is one of the most expensive ring designed with many tiny diamonds around and a big diamond at the middle. This is the exclusively designed ring and it is a very beautiful one."  Valentina, the sales girl started explaining and all of her explanation went out of my head where as my mom and Evan's mom was listening to her explanation very seriously and excitedly like she was telling a fairy tale. She kept explaining and I looked at the time hoping she would finish soon.
Oh my God, I can't believe that she was explaining about the ring from the past 30 minutes and her voice was very hoarse from all the non stop explanation she did from the past 30 minutes.

I took a glass of water  from the tray which was offered to me a couple of minutes ago and gave it to her as I know her throat was dry and she needed it more than I do .

"It's ok mam.
We are used to it." She said in a hoarse tone but I smiled and extended my hand more towards her and simply said,
"Drink!"
She obliged smiling and drank the whole glass of water just in one gulp.

" Thank you so much ma'am.
I've seen many people who ask more questions about rings and jewellery not noticing that you are already hoarse from all the explanation we already did to them  but aren't like other people.
You are different in a very good way.
You are very kind !
Sir, you are very lucky to have such a caring and beautiful to be wife."  The sales girl said and I looked away as I couldn't take her praises and that too in front of a Evan.  I smiled at her not knowing what to do and I don't know why I was feeling very shy. Maybe because it's my first compliment from the one whom I don't know. I don't receive much compliments in my day to day life  mainly neither about my caring nature nor about my beauty . Maybe I was feeling shy that she complemented me in front of Evan. Before I can blush and change all my face to beet ice red I straightened myself and thank god Evan's mom interjected saying ,
"Yes!
He is !
Instead we all are lucky to have Lisa in our lives ."

Mom and Evan's mom are looking at the costliest rings where as I was looking at the simple ring at the right side of the corner of the tray as it caught my attention with its simplicity but I quickly averted my eyes from those simple but elegant rings and looked at Evan who was busy in his phone typing something very furiously and frustratedly.

Finally mom and Evan's mom selected the ring and asked,
Evan and Lisa.
"We are thinking to bring this for your wedding.
Do you like them? "

I kept silent not knowing whether to lie or to tell the truth that I didn't like them at all. The old me would tell on people's faces that I didn't like it them at all and they should ask me first before choosing anything for me but I know I was changing as I kept my mouth shut and it's the proof that I was changing very slowly.  I don't know if that was for good or bad . If it is for good then it will make me happy in my life. If it is for bad then it will make me learn my lesson.
A lesson for life.

I stayed quite  thinking and suddenly Evan's voice was caught my attention as he called for the sales girl Valentina. She came in front of Evan and said with a sweet smile which she was trained for ,
" How can I help you sir ?
Do you need anything else other than couple rings? "

"No,  I don't want anything else and yes,  I want you to pack those rings for us ." Evan said pointing at the simple elegant and beautiful rings at the right corner of the train which I liked more.

" Sir? " She asked confused and confirming again to which Evan replied firmly saying,
" Yes!
You heard right .
Cancel them and pack them !"
He said cancel showing the rings which mom and Evan's mom selected and pack to the rings which I liked more and maybe he too !

I can't believe what he just did!
Did he do that for me?
How does he even knew I liked them as he was busy typing.
Is it a coincidence then does coincidences like this happen?
I was thinking then my inner self shut me up saying,
Congratulations Lisa.
You found your true soulmate.