chapter 15

Lisa Harrington Saltzman POV

I slept the night peacefully without thinking about Evan or anyone else as I have a very bad habit of thinking about all the things that happened in the day at night and silently grieving on it and again regretting how harsh or rude I had been that day towards people .

In the morning I woke up at five  which is my habit from the past years.  I woke up did my morning routine before changing myself into my black tight-fitting Yoga pants and a grey Nike tank top and a black hoodie. I usually went to park with my headphones on .

I did my regular jogging and sat on the bench painting like a pig. I took my water bottle and started drinking the water . I felt something weird in my heart or stomach which I wasn't sure. I Just gave a side look to my right side  to just look at the person beside me who is making my stomach and heart uncomfortable in the early morning. The water flew from my mouth looking at the person beside me.
Yes, it's Evan!
The great Evan Raymond Parker  in his jogging pants and a black hoodie matching mine. He didn't notice me first but he did when I pulled that little stunt of spitting water in the public. He gave me the weirdest look and I smiled uncomfortably not knowing what to do . I Just spitting water out in front of my ' To Be Husband '  seeing him in front of me.
It's not usual right ?

I sat there  silently for about 20 minutes . I wanted to start a conversation with him instead of sitting ideally which I always do all time but this time with him beside me I was feeling the silence weird. Maybe he was feeling the same weird  feeling which I was feeling as I can feel him shift uncomfortable on the bench like I was doing from the past 20 minutes.

Our weird uncomfortable moments came to an end when cute little boy threw the football in our direction and requested saying,
"Will you please pass on the ball ."

I was about to take the ball and give it to the cute little boy but before I can do it Evan took it .
See told you that his impulses are faster than mine .

"Please... " The little boy pouted cutely.

"Only if you let me play a game with you guys . " Evan said and threw the ball in air and catched it again in a swift motion.

"Ohooo..Nice catch !
I am in "  The boy said to Evan and Evam threw the ball towards a boy which he also caught in a swift motion .

Boys are Boys ! I thought to myself and sat on the bench looking at them playing . I was watching them play from the past 30 minutes and I was already late but I don't know why I don't want to go I just want to stay here and watch him play , run and tease the kid and laugh heartfully which he does very rarely.
Weird!
I don't know why I want to see him laugh like that more as I heard that it's very rare to hear Evan's laugh after her best friend, Evara's death.

I got a call from dad and I got back to home as he was panicking that I was more than half an hour late from my morning jog.

I got home only to see that dad was doing left to right like an army official at the entrance door with worried expression.

"Liza , where have you been ?
Why are you late ?
Did anything happened ?
Are you alright ?" Dad started raining his questions as soon as he saw me coming towards him.

"Dad!  Relax!
I am fine !
Did you forget your promise ?"  I said and his signed taking a deep breath as he knows that he cannot win the battle against me as he once promised me that he will worry less about me .
"I tried !"  He said sadly to which I raised my left eyebrow questioningly.

" Some things never change Lisa!
You should understand that Evara always complaints ... " Mom stopped  her words in air thinking about Evara. The whole room was in silence  for a couple of minutes and later dad took a deep breath and said,
"Get ready Lisa!  Evan and his parents will join us for breakfast."

"What?
Again?" I said a little louder without thinking.

"Yes. Did you forget ?
Yesterday I already told you about the wedding date and other preparations which we should discuss ." Dad reminded me and I nodded my head in Yes and left to my room.

I took a very relaxing bath and changed myself into my usual black jeans and white shirt . I tied my hair into a ponytail, wore my black flat shoes . I came down and as soon as my mom looked at my black and white work clothes she signed audible and tried to fake a glare me angryly but she smiled immediately as a held both off my hands to my hairs and mumbled,
Sorry, I need to go to hospital after that. Her smile widened and nodded her head which means no one can change you.

I was about to walk towards mom but dad came in the middle of my way and said,
See, she is here ! I looked at the couch of the living room and shocked to see Evan's parents and Eva.
Yes, Evan who was playing with the kid 40 minutes ago is sitting inside of my house, in front of me fully dressed in his three piece navy blue suit with neatly combed hair and perfectly polished shoes .
How is it even possible for him to be this Perfect in just a time span of 10 minutes as I know it would take at least 10 minutes to go to his place from the park and 20 minutes to again come from his place to mine .

"Good morning !"  I wished them with smile and mom invited us to breakfast table as it was already getting late so all nodded and walked towards the dining table. As usual my place was occupied by Evan's dad Kevin but I reminded silent and took the seat which I took yesterday.
Yes, you are right again as I sat beside Evan.

Mom got up to serve but stopped when Rosaline said,
"It's ok Samantha .
we are going to be a family now you don't need to make us feel as we are guests because you are not by the wonderful decision made by our children Evan and Lisa ."

Mom smiled  lovingly at us and sat back in her seat. I looked at the breakfast and saw toast. I looked at Evan and he was also looking at the toast too.

we both extended our hands to take the toast and our little fingers briefly touched and our impulses ordered us to take our hands back immediately within a blink of an eye . We both looked at each other and again away from each other in embarrassment .

Again I gathered my strength and was about to take the toast but guess what?
Yes, you are right again. Our hands again collected but this time not only our little fingers but our hands touched to which immediately we both retracted our hands back.
Oh my God !
What happened to me ?
Why am I behaving like this?
why ?
Am I having cardiac arrhythmias ?

I controlled my racing heart and this time I slowly extended my hand and thank god this time our hands didn't collide like last couple of times as Evan just decide to stay put and remind in silent looking into somewhere space.

I took the toast and first served him and later I served my plate with the toast. We all silently ate the breakfast. After Breakfast again we all gathered but not in the living room but in the garden.

" I am going to fix the date.
What day it should be ? 
What do you think of December 28th ?" Dad said and looked at us.

"I am already committed !" Evan said. Immediately they all looked at Evan and he said,
" I have an important meeting on the day which can't be postponed as the deligates are coming from the South Korea . "
All nodded in understanding as we all know that it is a very busy businessman .

"29 th?"  Dad said and this time I was the one who quickly said,

" I am committed! " Dad and others look at me questioningly asking for explanation without really asking.
" I have an important surgery on the day and I can't delay it as it was already delayed. " I said and they all reminded silent as they know how important surgeries are for me .

"30th?"  As soon as those words left dad's lips we me and Evan both shouted , I am committed at the same time not even a second less or more and all looked at us with their eyes wide opened as saucers.