Chapter 2

My eyes widen and I laugh at the ink that simply appeared on my arm. I watch as more ink appears very quickly this time.

Dude I thought you'd never write

Panic immediately floods me as I realize this person could have turned sixteen a year or more ago. I quickly scribble out an apology.

I'm so sorry, I just turned 16 the other day

I wait for a response and stare intensely at my arm. Nothing. I get worried and hold my head thinking I messed up, then I feel the already familiar feeling of writing on my arm.

It's fine, It's not your fault, I'm just glad we're here now :D

I smile and write back.

I'm E by the way

You can call me B

With that it seems like we silently told each other we didn't want the other knowing everything yet. I personaly have trust Issues from a past friendship so it's hard for me to tell other people stuff about myself and I'm sure B has their own reasons.

I grab my phone to turn off the music, which is now Recycled Youth, but instead I put on a sleep timer and roll over to go to sleep. I think about B, what they could look like, how we could meet. I eventually found myself creating a whole story about our lives together. Finally I slowly manage to drift into sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Did you write to your soulmate?" Liz says as her and Alex catch up to me in the halls. I smile and nod my head giving them my arm. Liz pushes my sleeve all the way up to my shoulder and starts to read. Alex joins in and they both read over our conversation and smile.

"You guys barely said anything, you didn't even get each others numbers." I look at Liz who looks everywhere for us exchanging numbers. She twists and turns my arms until I bat her hands away. Then I watch her pull a pen out of nowhere and get ready to write. I yet again bat her hand away and give her a look that makes her put her hands up.

"B is literally a stranger. I'm not gonna just give my number away, even if they're supposedly my soulmate." I say pulling my sleeves back down. At that moment I hear J come running up behind us and she hands me one of her old phones

"For social media. Remember I told you you could use my old phone and accounts cuz your parents won't let you have social media?" I nod and take the phone from J as Liz fills her in on my current soulmate situation.

I open up my actual phone and see a notification that there is a new Billie Eilish interview. I open the notification and my heart drops.

"Billie Eilish finally opens up about her soulmate"

I knew I didn't have a chance in the first place but it still hurt to hear that someone I have such a huge crush on has someone else, so... I click off the video.

Yo thanks for calling my story dope! you know who you are. <3

                                      - Eli :P