Chapter 1 : First Sight

School. Was. Shit.

Yes, it was. I knew everyone. Everyone knew me.

On the plus side, I could avoid everyone's eyes on me. On the minus side, I couldn't avoid eyeing him from my side. And yes, I was stalking him. Kinda. Not exactly.

Never exactly.

Sensing me staring, he turned his angelic face towards mine with a smug grin. I knew he'd caught me which meant yet again, I was going to have to sit with him.

He let me sidle towards the window and I smiled. Yep, still the gentleman. Still the nice mannerism and the cuteness I admired since childhood.

"Why Jake! I am so flattered!"

He smirked and rolled his eyes at me. "Sit your fine bottom down, Bells."

I mock punched him before sitting down. Another day droned on and on. Another new student came and went. After the day finished, I managed to muster enough strength to find the fine jaguar of mine and start its engine to go home.

However, when I backed up and was about to move, my eyes were caught with another set of deeper, darker amber ones. It was but a glance. Just a slight connection. I shrugged it off and went ahead with my drive without much thought.

Little did I know what I was about to endure was a dishwasher nightmare at my house and some more talk of the bleeding freaks who were murdering people draining them completely of blood.

__________________________________

Charlie wasn't much fun around when there were talks of murder. He wasn't the first Dad to worry but he certainly was the clingiest.

"Dad, seriously? Why do I have to phone you after every class?"

His face was a bit broken but I saw the concern reflected in his beady brown eyes and it made me cringe when he just didn't speak before leaving for his job as the Police Chief of Forks.

Perfect!

Yeah...just perfect. I sighed and started off for another day at Highschool. The drive was bleak to say the least. No traffic. No nothing.

Is there something going on?

I was a bit concerned but when I found myself at the familiar bend of school, it was all normal. Well...mostly.

There were a ton of cars there along with concerned glances here and there from parents all over Forks. I hadn't noticed the amber eyes watching me but I did notice the dreamy chocolate eyes of Jacob meeting mine.

"Jake, what's going on?"

It wasn't a bit shocking when I learned the truth. A community meeting which was conveniently located at our High school. Lovely.

And guess who had to sit through it? Me!

"And our community physician has some words of importance-

Community Physician? What?

It grabbed my attention and I saw with awe a young professor taking the stage. He had glowing pale skin and golden-brown eyes which were rather flattering for his features. But something in him made me suspicious.

Call it an intuition. I was curious. Who was he? He couldn't be a physician at such a young age, now could he? I mean he barely looked twenty-two!

His voice was even more young and kind. It had a hypnotic quality to it. Like Houdini would've had. I had to decide for a bit on whether or not to trust him. He seemed nice and his words seemed knowledgeable enough.

Still, my intuition didn't feel comfortable which led me to settle with a suspicious ideal.

Not to mention, he seems to be familiar if I was seeing correctly.

Something about his eyes. The color was familiar. I kept gazing at him with an intensity of a wolf hunting its prey when he finally finished and descended towards his family. It was then my eyes met the familiar amber eyes.

The eyes were set in a pale face of a chiseled Greek statue. There were some boyish features which made him look blindingly gorgeous. Most of all, his auburn locks of hair were what made him stand out the most from the rest. Fiery auburn and blazing with a passion unlike any other.

I took a liking to him immediately and my smile proved it. I actually smiled at the boy. But his expression wasn't there. Nothing. No reaction.

Seriously? No reaction? Why?

Then I saw the other girls with him. Oh man...oh no....no...

They were more gorgeous than anyone on earth. What the-did he have a thing for them? Who were they?

I couldn't look away. I kept scrutinizing the Young doctor, the gorgeous Auburn kid who looked no more than seventeen and the other men and women with them. Who were they? They seemed unknown yet familiar.

"Bella?"

I whirled to see Jacob's hand moving to distract me from my spying. It was annoying the heck out of me.

"What?"

"Quit staring at them."

"Why?"

"It's rude."

"Since when did you care about me being rude?"

It shut him up for enough minutes until the meeting adjourned. As always, Charlie ended with a be safe and god bless. I rolled my eyes. Everyone was safe. What could be safer than a small town?

With all this boring stuff gone, I was ready to stretch my legs and followed the crowd outside. The sunshine was luckily gone. Good. I hated the sun. It made me feel like coal; dark and dirty.

The wind breezed past me and I caught whiff of a decadent scent. Honeysuckle with more manly spice than I had ever smelled before. My eyes quickly isolated the source. The fire boy.

I gave him a couple more of good stares before leaving towards my jag. When Charlie caught up with me, he was furious.

"Isabella Mary Swan, who do you think you're fooling?"

I put on the innocent act and moved on after his lecture with the auburn kid's face still in my mind. He was beautiful. He smelled nice.

It was then I decided on an issue I had never been sure of before. An issue which had started with my mother's divorce and the apparent falling out of my family ten years ago.

Commitment.

Was I feeling some form of commitment to this boy? I didn't know. But I would make sure I knew before the end. Before he rejected me. Before he knew me. I would find out.

__________________________________

Okay, the first chapter's done. Hopefully, Meyer won't sue me for this. I love Twilight. Had to make a fan fiction. After all, imitation is the best form of flattery isn't it?

Let me know how I did on the first chapter. It's dope for sure.