Chapter 17: Bae?

"Okay, all set." I finally said after rearranging the refrigerator one more time. The baby wouldn't let me do anything but stay near ground level. Fortunate for me, I didn't need to leave the basement much since, I'd made my home near the couch after Dad came home.

"Bella?"

"Yeah!"

I cursed Charlie a thousand times before making him some dinner. Turns out, he's been asked to be with my Mom again. Dad was practically glowing when he'd returned.

"She asked me to marry her!"

Giving him the stink eye, I just kept on munching my extra rare stake. He didn't know what she was capable of. Unfortunately, I was. I saw the sweet touch of remembrance and absolute heaven reflected in his eyes. This wouldn't end well for him.

"Good for you!"

I didn't have the heart to break the news to him then. I just...kept my secrets to myself and went to school. If he'd ask any more questions, I'd say I was gaining weight. It was better this way since I wouldn't be suspected of having a child which was growing at this swift of a rate.

Knowing my limitations, I just shut myself up and slept away in my room thinking about what was possibly going on at Volterra. I hoped Edward would return to me. But my internals shouted in fear.

He abandoned you!

You're alone with your child!

No one will love you!

"Yeah, right!" I said out loud to myself. "I am loved by me. I survived a bloody vampire attack. I killed Victoria by myself. Who else could do this shit by themselves?"

The voices silenced themselves and I grinned. Ain't nobody got time for them asses. I surely didn't. Absolutely no time. I had to feed my kid. I had to prepare for Charlie leaving again since Renee didn't get remarried to another again.

Life was just getting interesting and there was no way I was going to back down. Fuck it all the way. I was going to screw everything over with my damned sexy personality. Ain't nobody was coming my way. If they did, I'd just mow them over. To hell with 'em. I had me and my kid. Even Edward wouldn't sway me from loving myself. I survived without him before. I could do it again.

Coaxing myself into sleep, I smiled. It was great to be back to myself again.

About time, baby.

****

Highschool Senior Year. Hell, or heaven? God knew but I certainly didn't. All I did know was, I was full fledged pregnant and I was feeling like a bloated bitch with swollen feet. Not a good feeling.

Especially since I was seeing men seething all round me and me seething back at them with a snap unlike any other time. It was like I was in enemy territory and no matter what I did, I wouldn't be safe unless I was home.

First period was English 4th period. We were learning the Scottish play and it wasn't even the fun part yet. Duncan was still alive and damned if I wanted to kill him myself. Knowing it was the hunger talking, I bit off a piece of beef jerky in the middle of class when Jake and Angela came up to read the lines of Lord and Lady Mac. Their voices echoed through my head while I chewed on the fucked-up world's disaster.

Edward is gone.

He won't come back.

He left you.