EPILOGUE: The Marriage Occasion

It was such a bright morning despite the cloud-cast sky and the summery rain falling all around

It was such a bright morning despite the cloud-cast sky and the summery rain falling all around. My skin—I met with awe—glistened like chocolate crystals while I glanced at the shiny new studded ring on my left ring finger.

Married at last!

The wedding had taken place today. I wore an inexpensive 'Medieval Fantasy' wedding dress and had my hair done up with Alice's help. The woman knew how to make someone feel their best. She had even done my nails long and stiletto with wedding flower acrylics all over.

My eyes glittered with mermaid shimmer eyeshadow. My veil which I designed to keep my face partially covered did nothing to hide the beauty I knew remained buried within me.

Calling out to my inner diva, I put on my white Christian Louboutin shoes and had walked the isle dazzling everyone in my fairytale backyard wedding. Jacob was my best man and he'd held out to be the ringbearer while Angela graciously became a maid of honor.

Best of all, I had my beloved Edward in front of me and we had kissed after exchanging our rings and wedding vows in front of everyone in Forks, Washington.

It was a magical time for us all and I wanted it to never end. Leah took care of Thaniel's toddler hyperactivity all the while me and Edward danced around in our reception. I didn't think a girl would feel special while handling a toddler, but Leah pulled a left hook on me, effectively pushing the thought to its eternal rest.

Thaniel too. He was giddy with the idea of playing with Leah, and I could see the love shone both ways. It gave my aching heart relief to know my son would be well taken care of forever if need be. Wolves lived long lives if vampires had given me any clue.

Even Charlie had joined us with my Renee. It was emotional but I managed not to stain my face with tears while hugging her and Charlie when they'd congratulated me on the wedding and the baby. 

I didn't know how they'd not thought it was weird that I had adopted a baby with Edward who had an uncanny similarity to my Dad. Still, Renee had been admirable throughout by not giving my baby a second thought. Not to mention she was keeping Charlie's days very well-occupied.

I admired her enough then to have had her as a Mom. Her face was at last looking her age, with the dents of acne scars and possible violence marring her beautiful dark brown skin. 

I hadn't thought she was serious about Charlie at first, but she was. Especially when my eyes caught the tarnished silver earrings she'd worn to my wedding—a gift she hadn't ever thrown away from Charlie, even in her worst of days.

All was looking well until Edward took me back to our honeymoon location—Alaska. I had thought it wasn't possible for the day to get any better. But it did. With Leah taking Thaniel and Charlie busy with Renee, he had packed us a Cabin near the Mountains of Snow.

However, it had made my life whole when he'd finally had enough courage to ask me the words which must've plagued him for unending years while we were warming up within the depths of a blizzard.

"Are you sure you don't feel worse throwing away your humanity?"

His eyes had the most vulnerable twinkle while his lips had trembled with despair. I knew he'd never believe. Yet I spoke the truth I had stumbled upon not long before our Senior Year of Graduation.

"You don't have to ask me, Edward." I looked him in the eye with what I hoped was a glare. "Are you sure there's not another woman in your life?"

Jumping to a stand, he nearly fell over his feet when I gave him a crooked grin of mischief. "Now, now. No need to be shy. I am your wife after all."

"What the hell is wrong with you, woman?"

"Nothing except you. You got me drunk on your love." I winked and saw the embarrassment and giddy smile painting his face to the brim. "And I'm crazy to not be afraid of it and still live."

Edward sighed. "You sure are scary, Bells."

I gave him a peck on his cheek. "You'd better believe it. After all, I am a creature of the Night! Muahahahahaha!"

We laughed long after that. I hoped it was enough for him to understand how I felt. Because after all we'd been through, I never wanted to be alone from him or from the love we shared.

"Bella." I heard his faint whisper while we were in bed cozy with the warmth of the dying fire. The cold breeze did nothing to make me shiver. Except his words did make my body ache with chills of anticipation. "Yeah?"

"I love you."

I smiled. "Ditto."

Ditto. 

_________________________

THE END

WE HIT 1.4 K! That's awesome! 

THANK YOU FOR BEING SO NICE AND AWESOME TO THIS BOOK! 

See you next time on another adventure! 

********

Teaser for "North of Dawn" 

https://www.wattpad.com/story/233392377-north-of-dawn-a-new-adult-fantasy-romance

She is the heir of stars...

He is the Prince of the Isles...

Together will they suffice to end the treacherous prophecy? 

Find out at NORTH OF DAWN - A Celtic Fantasy with a Greek Mythology Twist