Chapter 5: Classes

'Thoughts.'
"Mental conversation."
#Parseltounge#

Third Person POV

Beta Reader: genderisirrelevant

---------

Draco strutted up to the trio at breakfast, confidence coming from somewhere. He apparently didn't have any self preservation as he said, "Why are you three in Slytherin? No mudbloods or blood traitors should be allowed!"

Hadrian had enough of the prat decided to get him to back off. He started making Malfoy's clothing tighter and making it where he was uncomfortable. When one of the seams audibly snapped, Draco had his goons follow him back to the dorm.

"Hermione, is it normal to be able to speak to snakes?" Hadrian asked innocently, stopping the wandless and soundless hex.

"No. Well, I can't. That sounds wicked, though. Imagine how much new magic that opens the door to! I mean, there must be special books containing even more Dark Arts for people with this ability." Hermione answered, her eyes gleaming at the thought of more powerful Dark Arts. She stared at her food as she got further lost in thought. Harry gave a small amused smile.

"We can talk more later Hadrian," Harry understood. There we're a lot of ears nearby. "But, I know the ability to speak to snakes is called Parsletongue. It's very rare. I'll show you the book I bought on it later," Ron said, smirking ever so lightly. Then he started to eat, stopping his pig-like manner when Harry gave him an amused glare.

-

     A few seats down, sat a girl named Pansy Parkinson. She had a face that resembled one of a pugs and black hair that was cut into a bob. She had a pale complexion. She thought of herself to be... special. Her father had been one of the Dark Lord's Inner Circle members, even if he did pretend to return to the 'light' ways.

      Pansy believed that she, as most Purebloods did, she was above everyone else - from the haughty look on her face. She believed she had rights to whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted it. One of those things that she believed she was entitled to was a friendship with Hadrian James Potter.

     After all, her father - along with many Pureblood or Half-Blood fathers - told her to get close to Hadrian Potter. 

"The Dark Lord shall reward us greatly. If you get the trust of the boy, we shall be safe. If the boy succeeds in defeating our lord, we can set up a marriage contract," Pansy's father had told her.

"Hello there, my name is Pansy Parkinson. Why don't you move away from the Weasel and mudblood and join me? I don't want them ruining a fine gentleman," Pansy greeted flirtatiously, addressing Ron and Hermione as them.

"See Hermione, I told you that pug could talk," Ron snickered, nudging Hermione in the side

"I didn't know dogs could talk. The books I have chosen to read so far haven't mentioned anything about dogs being able to talk," Hermione smugly retorted, whoch pissed Pansy off to no end.

"Shut up. You're a good for nothing mudblood who deserves nothing but pain." Pansy said, turning to Harry and expecting an approving smile. She didn't, however, expect him to glare at her angrily.