Chapter 6: Rita Skeeter

Handwriting
Parseltounge
Memories/Flashback
Third Person POV
   There several unofficial rules written that every Slytherin was suppose to follow.
1. Never burn your bridges.
2. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
3. Always get back up again.
4. Sometimes being near power is better than being in power.
5. Protect your dreams at all costs.
6. Only let your guard down when you have a good reason.
7. Know when to follow a rule and when to break it.
8. Mind your audience before you speak.
9. Forget what they think- unless it can be used to your advantage.
10. Remember: You are worthy.
(I don't know, I found them online somewhere. Sorry if they are wrong.)

Not that many of the Pureblood brats heeded the unofficial rules. Harry thought that they were good, fair rules that would be useful. With this in mind, he headed to potion class.

~🧪~

        Snape's long black cape whirl around when he took attendance. He didn't look at them, only calling names off the list, making eye contact with the student and repeating the process.

"Hermione Granger."

"Here!" The girl gave a sweet smile, but that smile was laced with hatred.

"Draco Malfoy."

"Here," Draco said in a snobby, stuck-up tone.

"Pansy Parkinson."

"Here," she said as she giggled.

"Parvati Patil."

"Here," she greeted, smiling.

"Hadrian Potter."

"Here sir," came the boy's soft voice.

     Severus held eye contact for longer than necessary, seeing Lily briefly for a moment before continuing.

"Dean Thomas."

"Here," he said. "The miserable bat." He whispered the second part.

"Blaise Zabini."

"Present sir," he chirped.

Snape continued his lesson, not bothering to question Harry. He had promised himself he would care for the child, no matter what.

~🖊~

Severus was grading papers, keeping himself busy. Of course, he just happened to pull out the Weasley twin's papers next because, apparently, he didn't have a bad enough headache as it was.

Professor,
     If you are reading this, it's too late. You see, Freddie and I didn't want to do our homework, no one did. So we came up with a simple solution.When you finish this letter, our prank will have exploded, destroying the homework papers and anything else on your desk.
     With love,Georgie W.

As soon as Snape sat down the letter, the prank went off. It destroyed the papers and everything else on the desk. Snape grew so angry all he could see was red.

"I WILL GET MY REVENGE YOU BRATS!" Was all that everyone knew.

The rumors spread like wildfire. Snape was dating the Weasley twins and learned they were having an affair.

(Ron burst out laughing it this one, though it sounded deranged.)

Snape was expelling the Weasley twins. Fred and George had revealed Snape's secret "lover" to someone.

~☀️~

Savior of the Wizarding World: Harry J. Potter
   Everyone's favorite story is about the Boy-Who-Lived. We tuck our children in with this story, read this to our younger generation and watch their eyes grow wide with delight. We tell this to each other, as a reminder of the sacrifice made. A necessary one, but a tragic one nonetheless.

A story to keep us going, to keep our hope alive and flourish.A story of a mother sacrificing herself for her infant son is truly tragic. Especially when the mother is so young and has yet to truly live.

Just beginning to embrace the feeling of life, only to have the cold embrace of death snatch her away.

Lily Potter née Evans was a muggleborn- born to average, ordinary muggles.
Upon turning 11, she learned she was a witch.

Professor McGonagall- Deputy Headmaster- was sent to tell Lily that she was a muggle.

McGonagall later gave a statement after her death. "Lily was a charming witch with plenty of wit and brain to go around. She was such a pleasure to have in class. Such a sweet girl. He [James Potter] didn't corrupt her. No, she changed him [James Potter] for the better. "Soon after graduating Hogwarts, she married James C. Potter, making her Lily Potter née Evans.

Eventually, she gave birth to a lovely baby boy named Harry J. Potter. Sirius Black was later named the godfather for young Harry, forever sealing their fate.This year, Harry Potter has been sent to Hogwarts.

However, shocking news has reach our office. Harry Potter has been sorted into Slytherin- the house where all wizards and witches that come out are evil and use to follow him [you-know-who]. Even more shocking is the arrival of a Weasley in Slytherin. Ronald Weasley was sorted into Slytherin before Harry Potter. A muggleborn has also been added into the Slytherin House, named Hermione.

Professor M. McGonagall released the following statement. "They [Harry, Ron, and Hermione] are perfect students. They aren't evil. If anything, they are bringing change for the better in the Slytherin House. The three of them befriended Neville Longbottom [a Hufflepuff]. They are excellent students and are exceptionally talented at their classes. I enjoy teaching them."

Lucius Malfoy has also released a statement. "It is excellent to a have muggleborn in the House of Slytherin. Not to mention, the Harry Potter. Plus, a Weasley. The sorting hat must be going out of function."

When asked what he meant, he further explained. "The sorting hat must be losing it because it has never given such excellent results, such unique sortings. It makes my heart warm."

(At this, Ron burst out laughing, sounding like a cackle. "I'm sure it would warm his heart, if he had a heart that is.")

It makes me so proud to see a potential change in the Slytherin House. However, is it for the better? Will Harry and his friends turn out alright?
Stay tuned to find out.

        -Rita Skeeter

"I already hate her," Harry said.

"Me too. Sounds like she plays dirty," Hermione agreed.

"The Slytherin House can't turn us more evil than we are now." Ron winked.

"Of course not," Harry said.

"Let's go. I heard some bully is messing with the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaw," Hermione said.

"What's the plan?" Ron seemed in.

"Hex the bully," Hermione said.

"I hate bullies. Let's do it," Harry agreed.

Hermione added, "Besides, you shouldn't bully or judge because of what house someone is in."

           The three got up, headed off........