Broken Hearted

{Virgil's POV}

After reading the notification that Patton had logged off, right after Logic had been to see him, makes me very worried and concerned. I rush out of my room, straight to Patton's and ignoring whatever messages I was recieving. Still remaining as calm as I can, I remember to knock on the door first when I arrived outside his room.

"It's me, Vi-Anxiety. Can I come in?". There's shuffling and soon I hear the click of the door unlocking before I watch as it slowly opens, revealing an emotional mess. "Patton, oh my god! What's wrong?" I enter his room, shutting the door behind me and bringing Patton to sit on his bed with me.

I decide that he probably needs a hug so I hesitantly hug him in comfort. He immediately leans into me and melts into the hug as he helplessly sobs. How dare Logic make Patton cry like this.

"Take a minute, Dad. Catch your breath and calm down to stop the crying. It's ok, you can tell me anything."

Eventually, he stops crying and we stop hugging each other. He wipes away his tears and clears his throat, pushing his hair away and out of his face. "W-Well, y'know how I was screaming from h-happiness due to the many compliments?". I hum. "But mainly because L-Logic called me adorable a lot?". I hum again with a slight nod this time.

"Yeah. He went to stop you screaming in the end and we concluded that it worked, no?"

"I-I guess..."

"What do you mean, you guess? Dad, what did he do?"

"He..."

"He didn't hurt you did he?!" I instantly begun to observe him, making sure there are no marks or bruises anywhere, thankfully there weren't.

"No, no! Logic wouldn't do that.". He takes a deep breath before continuing. "he.. k-kissed me..."

"He what?! Did he at least confess any feelings afterwards? If not then that's just bang out if order."

Patton just shakes his head and hurries his head in his hands. Occasionally, a quiet cry can be heard and it breaks my heart.

I remove his hands away from his face and move his head gently so he is looking at me. "Patton, tell me, what did he say?"

"H-He said he saw people do it m-movies to quieten the other character so he said he'd try it on m-me.. then he said that it worked and his ain was achieved. We said b-bye and then he sunk out and left me here, speechless, shocked, sad..."

"Did you ask if it was in any romantic sense?"

"I asked if it wasn't romantic in anyway.."

"And what did he reply with?"

He sighs, the reality of what he said probably just hitting him. "You know I'm not good with feelings and emotions."

"Jeez, way to be blunt about it.". He hums in agreement. I could tell he was going to cry anytime soon so I had to start thinking in my feet here in how to avoid that situation. "Well. Let's take our minds off of it for a while, okay?". He nods, a slight smile tugging on his lips and it causes me to give a little smile back. "You pick out a movie and I'll go get us some cookies and hot chocolate. Sound good?"

"Yeah, thanks."

"No problem, anytime."

I'm about to leave the room when Patton calls out to me. "Hey Anxiety?"

I turn back around to face him. "Yeah?"

"I love you kiddo". He smiles and it's the first time I've seen him give a real and genuine smile since I came to see him, so, of course, I return the gesture and smile back.