A Stern Talk

{Roman's POV}

"What is it that you wish to discuss?" Logic asks.

"You really don't have a single idea on what it could possibly be about? Seriously?" Anxiety responds with, confused at how dumb Logic seems to be at this moment in time. He turns to me and I just shrug.

"Not really?"

"Oh my God..." It's like he just mentally face palmed. In fact, I think he just did.

"Unless you are on about what happened yesterday between Patton and I."

"Yes! There we go! Finally."

"Right. What about the matter?"

"What you did was awful."

"How so?"

"You have no idea."

"No. Correct. I do not."

I cough a little to gain their attention. "What he's trying to say to you, Logic, is that emotions are not your forte and you've played with poor Patton's heart. It's messed with him more than it would if it happened to one of us because he is morality. The heart. The feelings."

He hums. "Right. Okay, do explain where I went wrong. I simply did what people did in movies."

"Those characters were in love though right? Or in a relationship?" Anxiety asks, getting Logic's attention again.

"Well, yes. Obviously. It was a Romcom after all."

"Exactly. You and Patron are not in a relationship. That has completely messed with Patton."

"Why? It's not like he has a crush on me."

Anxiety and I both sigh. "Even if that was the case," He starts, "it would still confuse morality the heck out. And that would make Thomas all weird and lost - and that's not what we want! Or need! You've really messed everything up here. And- Oh my god!" He gasps like he's just realised something, which I think he has. "I gave him hope! I made him believe there was a chance! Now he's going to think I'm a liar, a bad friend, a bad son, a bad everything! What am I going to do? Now I've messed things up. I think I've just ruined my friendship with him. Oh my god he's going to hate me. He's going to really ha-" By now I have wrapped Anxiety up in a hug and so he cuts himself off at the sudden interaction. I notice that his breathing is becoming more uneven by the second and it's clear now that he's having a panic attack. I can feel him shaking in my arms and so I start rubbing circles on his back.

"Anxiety, anxiety can you hear me?". He just about nods. There's tears welling up in his eyes, he starting to shake more and his breathing is uneven like I said before. He's not stable. "Breathe in for 4, hold for 7, and breathe out for 8. Can you do that for me?". He nods and tries to do it but fails. "Here, let me do it with you." I start to do it and Anxiety soon joins in, his breathing returning to normal as he thankfully stops shaking. I pull back to wipe the tears away before hugging him again. "Just calm down. You were working yourself up to much and then started worrying about something, but it's okay alright? I'm here, I've got you." I feel his grip on me tighten and I start to run my fingers through his hair as I take over talking to Logic.

"Will he be okay?" He asks.

I nod. "Yeah but just go and apologize to Patton and talk things out - clear things up between the two of you. It's stressing Anxiety out and he's getting really worried because he cares for Patton a lot as they have their father-son relationship thing. I don't think it's very pleasant for him to see Patton so affected like this, so, please, go and speak to him."

"Alright then. I apologize to the both of you two as well for the trouble I have caused."

"Don't worry about it. You know for future references. Just, worry about Patton right now. Who knows, maybe you can get Patton to help you with expressing and understanding emotions and stuff afterwards."