Pizza

{Thomas's POV}

I have done nothing with my life for the past week. I've barely seen my friends since most have been busy with the works or on holiday. All the videos have been filmed and I have no scheduled shows or meetings. Joan and Talyn have been sorting out their place and well.. that leaves me with nothing. Just, staying in my house ordering takeaway for days on end, no motivation.. no nothing really. It's weird, and I don't know why it's sprung up on me like this.

I should probably get some fresh air though. I haven't taken a walk in a few days so instead of ordering pizza today, I'll actually buy it from that pizzeria down the road. Wonderland Pizzeria was it? I think so anyways, but I guess we'll find out when I get there.

~~~~

The place is.. quite packed actually. Not my most comfortable and liked atmosphere - especially when it's just me - but I'm only getting a pizza. Plus, it just seems to be kids making this place seem busier than it probably is. Nothing to worry about. Hope Virgil isn't panicking in my brain up there..

I step into line and watch as the guy serving and taking orders was balancing as he was holding a pizza in one hand each, balancing two on his right foot and balancing a freaking pan on his head. This guy.. he's interesting and weird, but I kinda dig it.

"I'll be right with you sir!" He calls out with a charming smile as he delivers all the pizzas to the hungry customers.

His hair is ginger and he has blue eyes, and I do kinda recognise him from somewhere. Perhaps a TV show, a movie? Actually I think both. And I swear I've seen him popping up on my YouTube from time to time. This guy goes around, yet he works here? To be fair he is clearly loved by the kids who also seem to like those.. animatronics over on the stage.

I do not wanna go near them..

But all in all, there's just something about him I can't quite put my finger on.

"Hiya Garribear, the names Percy. What can I get for ya?" This Percy asks, a little out of breath.

"I-uh, I, don't you wanna take a minute to breathe?" I ask, noticing the thick jumper and apron he's wearing after all that movement.

"It's fine, honestly."

"Hmm, ok. Well, I've only really come for a pepperoni pizza and some diet coke." Then an idea comes to mind. "But can I also get a water too please?"

"Of course sir! It'll be on its way. Please, take a seat."

I nod, "Thank you.". He smiles and walks away behind the counter, leaving me to aimlessly look around for a small, vacant table. Percy sure does have a positive vibe because it's rubbing off on me - and I needed that because staying in my house was bumming me out.

Soon, Percy comes back over holding a pizza and a small plate occupying two drinks. "Here you go sir."

"Thank you."

He nods. "Anything else you'd like?"

My idea can be placed into action now. "Um, yes, please, if you don't mind."

"Of course not. What is it that you'd like?"

"Well.. here," I hold up the glass of water and give it to him which he holds with a confused expression. "I want you to have a drink. You look exhausted. What time did your shift start?"

"Oh, about half 7."

"It's half 5 now. When was your break and how long was it?"

He chuckles a little. "You're starting to sound like a carer."

I look away. "Sorry, I can get a bit protective."

"No no, it's ok. My break was at 1 for half an hour."

"Wow, not the best break for someone like you who's working for so long, showing of the amazing skills you have."

I swear I saw him blush, but he quickly dismisses it and takes a sip of the water. "Hm, well, it is what it is. I do my job, I get paid. Simple. But, thank you for getting me the water. I'll take that off your bill."

"Please don't, I don't mind. Helping a fellow citizen right?"

".. Are you sure?"

"Of course!"

"Well, thank you, again."

"Anytime."

"Percy Percy Percy!" Some kids shout as they run up to my table, staring joyfully at the waiter beside me.

"Yes Garribears?" He chuckles, bending down. "What can I do for ya'?"

"Shows us some more tricks!" One kid calls out, followed by more shouts by the other kids.

"Yeah! It's impossible, how do you do that?" Another kid says.

"Even the word 'impossible' says 'I'm possible'" Percy responds, smiling gently.

I smile at this too, chuckling quietly knowing that the kids won't get the little inspirational quote Percy made and he notices, looking towards me.

"What?" He asks with a light laugh.

"It was inspirational but they won't understand it." I say.

"No harm in trying."

"True that. Anyways, I'll let you entertain these lot."

"Alright. We'll call me over when you want the bill."

"Will do."

"Come on Percy! We wanna see the tricks! They're so awesome, you're really talented. Like how do you do it? Oh my god." The kids start saying all sorts of things and I let the guy go.

"You Garribears are so extra" he mutrers whilst walking away, giving me a quick wave.

Well, I better way this pizza before it goes cold.

~~~~

After finishing my pizza - which was delicious may I add - I place my tray in the rack and walk up to the desk and wait for Percy who soon arrives after seeing me waiting.

"Hey Garribear. Ya done?" He asks, the same smile on his face. I like this guy, he's got a good vibe and a good personality. He's a good dude.

"Yup, thanks. The food was great."

"Oh good! Glad to hear."

"No problem. What's the price then?"

"£7 is all please. Thanks again for the water."

"Anytime but I swear if you've taken off the water payment I will pay it anyways because this place seems a great price for the quality."

"Don't worry, I put the water on the bill."

"Good.". We laugh and I pay the bill, adding a top for the good food and service. He hands me the bill and I notice some writing on the bottom of it as I walk away, having said my farewells. I look behind me and he smirks with a wink, signalling the hand movements that mean 'text me'. I blush and smile, nodding then walking away.

This can't have happened to me surely.

----

This is the first part to a prompt given to me by the wonderful h2robsar who came up with a backstory and everything about Percy for this book! How great is that? Thanks again lovely :)