Saved | Nathan Drake

• i miss nate :(

———————

Henry Avery.

The historical pirate who supposedly founded the legendary pirate colony, Libertalia. You, Nate, and Sam had been scavenging a small island off the coast of Madagascar in search of the lost city and its hidden treasure, 400 million in gold stolen by Avery from the Gunsway ship all those years ago. The three of you had originally been looking for the treasure 15 years ago, both Nate and you giving up after Sam had 'died' trying to escape a Panamanian jail. But he had returned a few weeks ago fine and well, ready to continue the search for the treasure only to find Nate married and settled down with Elena, and you working a typical 9 to 5 job trying to support yourself. Rafe never gave up though, still going at it 15 years later and turning up with a big pile of jack squat.

You and Nate had been in contact scarcely over the years, finding him too preoccupied with Elena to ask you if you wanted to accompany him in his search of the other lost cities he found. El Dorado, Shambhala, the Pillars of Iram, all found with Elena and you watching from afar. You always did have a soft spot for the younger Drake, finding that he could be sweet and caring when he wanted but also crack jokes in the worst possible time. But it was something you loved about him, he could always make you laugh no matter how serious the situation. The last you had seen him before he called you up to say Sam was alive was at his wedding, staying only long enough to see the ceremony and give a quick hug to the bride and groom (much to your dismay) and then you were on your way home. You had spent that entire night submerged in a gallon of cookie dough ice cream and rewatching a marathon of Sherlock on Netflix.

After arriving back at the hotel in King's Bay and Elena finding out that Nate lied to her for weeks on end, Nate had been pretty quiet about the whole thing and hadn't brought her up yet. The whole subject was intentionally being avoided by you and Sam, Sully having stayed behind to watch Elena to make sure she was alright. You had stayed with the boys to keep looking for the treasure, the air that night very awkward between you three. You decided to leave the room with Sam, going to his room to look over more clues and do more research to get your mind off the argument. To this day you wanted to bring her up, you had wanted Nate to say that it was over between them and he was a free man again. You had wanted to admit your feelings for him, to tell him how much you loved him and wanted to be with him.

But you never did and here you were, fighting Nadine Ross alongside a tired looking Sam and an almost unconscious Nate. He had been thrown out the window and was working his way back to you and Sam, who was just thrown into a very unsafe looking shelf. You ran up behind her and hopped on her back, throwing your arms around her neck and trying to cut off her air supply to knock her out. But she quickly reversed the situation and slammed you down on the ground with your arms still around her neck, groaning when your back screamed at you in pain. She quickly got on top of you and her hands flew to your neck, squeezing the life out of you while you weakly pounded on her muscular arms. You thought it was all over when black dots clouded your vision, but a loud "Nadine!" caught your attention and the floor suddenly collapsed beneath you. You fell down along with Nate, Sam, and Nadine, seeing Nate out of the corner of your eye rush over to you and grab your hand and Nadine still recovering from the fall. "Y/N, Y/N! Come on, we gotta go!" He called while pulling you up beside him, letting you lean on him and wrap an arm around your waist to help you. Sam was already shuffling over to the gun, grabbing it right in time to see Nadine reach for it. But Sam already had it grasped in his hands, aiming it right at her.

"You're fast, but you're not that fast." Sam grumbled, watching as she took a step back away from him. "Hey, come on, we gotta get out of here before- shit." Nate was cut off by Rafe running around the corner, still grasping your arm in his hand but pushing you behind him ever so slightly as if that would protect you. Suddenly out of the corner of your eye, you saw Sam grasp Nadine and wrap an arm around her neck and placing the barrel of the gun against her temple. She extended her arms out, showing him that she wasn't gonna try to escape since she literally had a gun pointed at her head. "Woah, woah, woah, woah, everybody just, just calm down, okay?" Nate spoke up when he saw the multitude of guns all pointed at the four of you, a hand raised in the air as if that would stop an oncoming bullet. "Well, this is interesting." Rafe sassed, his gun still raised and pointed at Sam. "Nate, Y/N," Rafe drawled on and glanced over in yours and Nate's direction before turning to look at the older Drake, tilting his head to the side. "Samuel." He spoke his name as if it were a child being scolded by their parents, a soft tone but still holding authority behind it.