Prologue

Tyler Ellis is an Ender - half Ender Dragon, half human - and he's also one of the princes of the End, along with his twin brother. His true home is the End, even though he was raised as a human in the Overworld for almost fifteen years. If Ty doesn't come home when the time is right, his brother will tear apart the Overworld in search of him. Will Ty be faithful to his inheritance and rule the End with peace, or turn against his human friends and declare war against the Overworld?

__________________________

April 17th should've been a day filled with happiness and joy.

But instead, darkness and death cast a shadow over the End.

Even though the twin boys had just turned three, they could walk, talk, and fight like people ten times their age.

They had heard the roar of a dying dragon, and had come out of safety and hiding to investigate.

That was their first mistake.

The boys hovered over the group of armored humans, who all had bows pointed at them.

"They're sons of the Ender Dragon!" one of the humans screamed.

"KILL THEM!" the leader commanded.

With a united cry, the humans let their arrows fly in a wave towards the boys. Luckily, both boys were agile, and flew out of the ways before the arrows got close.

The second time, they weren't so lucky.

Two arrows hit the purple-winged dragon hybrid, and he spiraled out of the air, landing face-first on an obsidian tower.

His twin wasn't so lucky. A fire arrow pierced his bright green and black wing, another hit his arm, and a third grazed his ear. He crashed to the ground in front of the humans, unable to muster the strength to fight or get up. He opened his eyes for a moment to look down at himself: his leg was twisted at a strange angle and blood ran down his arms and onto his white t-shirt.

"He's hurt!"

"GET HIM!"

The green-winged boy lifted his head, turning to look up at his brother. Even though he was hurt, his purple-winged twin picked up a large shard of a broken Ender Crystal and tossed it down to his brother, who scooped it up and put it in his pocket.

The last things he saw and heard were angry, screaming voices, his brother's warning, pain-filled screams, a pair of hands lifting him up, and a blurred face standing above him, filled with caring and concern.

Another wave of pain washed over the three-year old's body, and he shut his eyes, letting the pain take him into darkness.

As the child in his arms closed his bright green eyes, the man took one last glance at the End.

The Ender Dragon's body lay in a heap between the towers, the obsidian towers themselves were destroyed, explosion craters dotted the land, the Endermen were disoriented, and the purple-winged dragon boy cried for his brother.

"I will raise you as a human," the man whispered to the child. "You'll be safe with me."

He wasn't sure if he imagined it, but the little boy opened one green eye and smiled.

The Portal back to the Overworld was right in front of him, and he jumped right through, taking the child with him.

The purple-winged child had sat up, and was crying. Not just for his destroyed home, but for his twin brother, who had been lost to another world.

"Tyler..."

__________________________

A/N: Well, the sequel is finally here! I had to reupload this because Wattpad deleted it the first time. And huge, huge shoutout and thank you to @that_fandom_fangirl. She helped me recover the entire prologue; otherwise I would've had to start from scratch and rewrite it. That would've taken me a few days, and it probably would've been worse than the original. So thank you :)

So for those of you wondering about the character contest... well... I haven't decided on enough winners yet. I'll DM the winners when I decide. And there should be about three or four winners.

As I said at the beginning of the first book, I don't own any of the characters in the story.

I hope you guys are all excited for this story as I am :)

~Anna