Chapter 7: Monsters In Our Hearts

Sky's POV

"Is everyone here yet?" Lilly's voice echoes loud and clear throughout the room, and I put my head down on the table, pretending to sleep.

"No, - " Bodil begins to say, then he's cut off by a loud bang as someone throws the doors open.

"Sorry I'm late, what did I miss?" Ty asks, breathing heavily as if he's just run a marathon.

The rest of us roll our eyes.

"You know we couldn't have this meeting because you've been missing for the last day?" Ian says as Ty slides into his seat.

"Where were you, anyways?" Jordan adds.

"Taking care of... stuff," he replies, shooting a glance as Seto as he says this.

"All right, let's get this going," Lilly interrupts.

"Okay," I begin, standing up. "So, um... the Endermen attack yesterday wasn't coincidental."

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Mitch frown and whisper something to Ryan, but I just ignore it and continue talking.

"It was an army sent directly from the End."

At this, everyone starts talking, except for Ty and Seto.

"Why, then?" Mitch asks, standing up.

"I - " I stammer, then glance at Ty. If I explain the whole story, then I'll have to reveal Ty's secret. And there's no way I'm doing that right now. Maybe when he's gone, when he's safe and the others won't hurt him.

But for right now, there's no way of knowing what they will do.

"I can't tell you," I reply, glaring at Mitch.

He reaches towards a knife at his belt. "And you don't trust me enough, but you clearly trust Ty over there? Even though I'm your second-in-command?"

"I swore to keep this promise, and there is no way I'm breaking it," I say.

"Even if it puts the lives of your recruits - everyone in this city, actually - in danger?"

"I am always true to my word, Mitchell," I snap at him.

"Really?" Mitch replies, narrowing his eyes. "Well, I'm gonna find out, one way or another, and tell the whole world that Sky's a horrible leader."

Ty stands up, and I see his eyes flash bright green for an instant, then return to their normal color. "No one insults my best friend." he snarls.

"Ty, stand down!" Seto exclaims, grabbing Ty's arm.

"Never," Ty breathes.

And with that, all hell breaks loose.

Ty launches himself at Mitch, and Ian runs over to them, trying to break them up. He gets thrown through the wall by Ty, who's clearly very angry.

"Captains! Help us get Ty under control!" I yell at the others, who are all standing to the side with shocked expressions on their faces.

The other Captains - Jordan, Tom, Bodil, Rob, Preston, Mat, and Vikk - all scramble out of their seats, reaching for their weapons. Sub stands far away from Ty - he's weaponless, and we don't have any spare weapons.

"Protect Mitch!" Rob yells, charging into the fray. He ducks as Ty throws a punch at him, then tries to pry Mitch out of Ty's grasp. Ty smashes his fist into Rob's head, and he crumples to the ground, out cold.

"Hey, Ty, over here!" I hear Bodil laugh from the other side of the room.

I don't see what happens next; I sprint across the room and run into Ryan.