Chapter 5: A Taste of Power

Quick A/N before I start: Okay, so you know how I said that I'd continue the story of Herobrine in the real world, on Earth? I simply can't bring myself to write that; I don't know why.

I'll just add bits and pieces here and there, but it won't be a major part of the story, or it might not be in the story at all. Maybe it'll be important at the end. I don't know.

But if anyone wants to continue that story of Herobrine on Earth, feel free to do so. Just message me so that I can read it, because I'd like to see what other people come up with.

Now, back to the story!

__________________________

*a week later*

Seto's POV

Jason hasn't gotten much better.

He fell asleep the day he collapsed outside the Team Crafted house and hasn't woken up since. I can still feel his heartbeat, which is going strong and steady. But he doesn't respond to any potion or medicine I've tried. He just lays there in bed with a peaceful look on his paler-than-usual face.

Everyone's aware of his condition now. We take turns watching him, but he doesn't move at all.

We all fear for the worst - that he could die at any moment.

All of us at the Team Crafted house who can actually walk- Sky, Ty, Mitch, Ryan, and I - are going to the Royal Palace for a meeting.

After all, Ty's birthday is coming fast.

We walk in silence on the way there, which is about an hour-long walk, and as we approach the City of Angels, heads turn towards us, and the citizens shout greetings and run to meet us.

I wave back, smiling at them. Sky, Ty, and Ryan do the same; Mitch just grins halfheartedly and walks faster.

I get the feeling he's not all that comfortable with attention.

As we get to the gates of the Palace, Ian greets us with a happy grin.

"How are you guys doing?" he asks. "I love doing this Army thing!"

"Great," Sky greets him formally. "Can we go meet the new recruits?"

"Sure!" Ian exclaims. Man, he's hyper. "This way!"

He leads us to a clearing in the forest just past the Palace walls. Rows of tents have been set up, probably for the new recruits to sleep in. We walk past a lot of boys and girls - who look to be as young as teenagers or older than us - who are sparring, practicing archery, or just chilling in their tents. But as they see us, they stop what they're doing and stare.

I take a good look at each of their faces. Many are humans, but there are a few hybrids here and there, and there are definitely a lot of sorcerers.

"There are a few people I'd like you to meet," Ian says. He gestures to a small group of people standing around a wooden table.

One of them waves us over. He's wearing a black jacket, matching pants, a white t-shirt underneath, and red sunglasses. The letters CS are printed on his badge. Huh. Wonder what that stands for.

Bodil sits on top of the table, playing with a redstone torch. Another boy wearing a bright green jacket sits next to him, furiously jotting something down in a notebook.

A few of Mitch's friends - what were their names again? - sit off to the side, quietly having a conversation among themselves.

"You remember me, right, guys?" Bodil asks as we approach the other group.