Chapter 9: Surprise, Surprise

Seto's POV

I sit up in bed, dizzy and exhausted. I turn my head to the side to see my bandaged shoulder that hurts like hell if I try to move it.

Too bad healing spells take so much energy out of me.

"Hey, Seto," a quiet accented voice says from the doorway. "You awake?"

"Yes, Bodil," I sigh, and he takes that as an invitation to come in and sit down on a chair. Sub stands next to him, and he walks next to my bed, holding up a page in his notebook.

Want me to get a Medic?

"No, I'm good. Thanks, Sub," I reply, and he sits next to my bed, still not saying a word.

"We're all worried about you," Bodil says. Even though he doesn't say it, I know what he's thinking.

We're scared that you'll die. Again.

"I'm fine," I wave at him, then clench my teeth as another wave of pain shoots up my shoulders.

"If you say so," Bodil shrugs, closing the door and leaving me alone with Sub.

I stand up, walking over to the window. The sun is setting, casting its long shadows over everything. It's beautiful, really.

Too bad a beautiful time like sunset comes before the darkness of night.

Sub sits on my bed, scribbling something down in his notebook. I look over his shoulder to see what he's writing.

I'm worried about Sky.

"So am I," I reply, sitting down next to the younger boy.

Is something wrong? You seem... Sub hesitates for a moment. Stressed.

"No," I sigh, wincing as I try to move my shoulder again. I really need to stop doing that.

I know you're lying.

"Look, don't worry about me," I say. "I'm fine."

Sub frowns at me, then shrugs. If you say so.

We sit there in silence for a while while I try to ignore the throbbing pain in my shoulder.

Seto, I'm confused. Why did Ty try to kill everyone earlier?

"Long story short, Ty's sometimes... overprotective of his friends, and he can get really mad," I tell Sub, not wanting to tell the whole story.

Sub nods, as if I've just explained the meaning of life to him.

I'm bored, he scribbles. Can you take me somewhere?

"Sure!" I exclaim, motioning for Sub to follow me out of my bedroom.

This hallway is our hallway of bedrooms, Team Crafted members only. Turn the corner, and that's where the Captains sleep.

I take Sub to the library, which is on the second floor with a good view of the palace grounds on a balcony. He sits down on top of the librarian's desk, and I walk over to the enchantment table.

All the books surrounding the enchantment table are in Standard Gallatic, of course. I can read a few of them, but just barely. I like to practice here in the library so that I can draw magical energy from the enchantment table, not from my own personal reserves.

If I exert too much magic energy, bad things could happen to me. Like dying.

And we wouldn't want that to happen again, now would we?

I take a deep breath, concentrating on the enchantment table and closing my eyes.

Focus, Seto. Focus.

I decide to use a simple telekinesis spell and make the books fly off the shelves. I concentrate for a moment, then raise my hands above my head. One by one, the books around me slide off the shelves, surrounded by a purple light.

Sub is watching me from across the library, and he's got a huge grin on his face.

I make one of the books fly over to Sub and put the other ones back on their shelves, still using telekinesis.

Suddenly, a strong wind tears through the room, scattering all the books off their shelves and making me lose concentration. Sub stands up, looking around wildly.

I look around at the windows. They're all closed. So how could that have happened?

Wisps of purple mist start floating around the enchantment table, forming a head and slowly forming the features of a face.

I slowly back away from the enchantment table as the face finishes forming. It's Ty's face; but instead of green eyes, this face has purple ones.

"Enderlox," I hiss.

The face chuckles. "Ah, yes. That's me!"

"What do you want?" I ask. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Sub slowly backing away towards the door.

"Just a friendly reminder. A reminder that my power far exceeds the powers of you and all your friends combined. And if you try anything funny, I'll be there to crush you. In the end, I will always win."

One of the wisps floats away from the enchantment table and wraps itself around my neck, squeezing tightly. I start seeing black spots in my vision as the library door slams shut behind me, and Enderlox laughs with glee.

"Oh, poor Seto. I won't kill you just yet."

And with that, my world goes dark.

<<>>

I wake up some time later to Jordan shaking me awake.

"Seto. Seto!" he whispers, his eyes wide. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I mumble, rubbing my eyes. I glance back at the enchantment table. There's no sign that Enderlox was ever here. "Is there something wrong?"

At that, Jordan's face drops.

"Yeah. Jason... he's gone."

__________________________

A/N: Wow. I don't know how the hell I managed to put that together. I wrote half of this chapter in January, then never bothered to finish it.

Hell, I'd be surprised if someone actually read this far.

I honestly can't force myself to write this story anymore. It's been about a year or more since I've even watched Sky, Ty, Jason, Ian, or Quentin. And they're the main characters. The minor characters are the ones I watch every single day.

So I'm discontinuing this book, as well as all other books with characters from the old Team Crafted. And sometime in the future, I'll probably end up deleting this book, too.

The only books I will be continuing are the Ultimate Sidemen, the Pack, and the Mianite ones.

That's about it. Hope you enjoyed <3