Chapter 7

I end up eating (more like gobbling) all the ramen I owned, which is 35 cups... not that many, right?

I then decided to refresh and list what happened so far, in order to have an idea on what to do. to begin with, someone tweaks the seal forcing Kurama to fall asleep. Then, I reinforced the seal with my chakra to get rid of the tweak. This made Kurama more comfortable, while allowing me to have ramen.

Hmmm?

Oh... now I remember the problem! Someone is capable of tweaking my seal without my notice, which means that I am being targeted. As for the reason, I am not sure, but I think it's because I am a threat. I am too strong for a young child carrying the nine-tail fox.

Or, it is because they need my power, but for what?

My safety is not as important as the village's and Old man's safety. The hokage? Wait, the hokage! I can go to the hokage, and I can ask him about it.

I hurriedly went out to see Old man hokage.

However, what did I expect? Less drama?

Oh who am I kidding?

Why does the Old man and half of the ANBU look like they are about to go on a killing streak?

"Um, old man? What's wrong?"

He looked at me then sighed, and said, "Since I felt a burst of chakra, I thought someone attacked you. Thank goodness you're alright."

I smiled, but it is soon replaced by a serious look as I said, "Old man, we need to talk," I looked at the anbu, "Privately."

Staring at my serious, he nodded, and flicked his hand to dismiss the ANBU.

"What's going on Naruto? Why was your chakra so unstable?"

"Someone played with my seal, sir."

Alarmed, but with the true experience of the Kage, only the Old Man's eyes widened, he sternly said, "Explain."

And I did.

I also told him my speculations.

The Old man let out a big sigh before saying, "If there is someone out there capable of playing with your seal, without you noticing, then they must be extremely powerful. More powerful than what you believe. They are probably planning a bigger scheme, something unimaginable."

"I worry about you although I know that you are perfectly capable of taking care of yourself. However, knowing that you would give up your life, dreams, and hopes for the sake of your precious people, makes me wonder, if what you are sacrificing is worth it?"

When I heard him say that, a small smile made its way into my face, " Humans, whether they are ninjas or workers, truly live when they are protecting, when they make their precious ones happy. I am no different. It's just that I don't display it, Old man, so don't worry! It's worth it (^_^)."

I will carry on, I will endure, and I will stand strong as long as I am alive. I know it you know it.

So really old man, why are you so worried for something inevitable?

—————————————
The last bit is being said mentally, not to Sarutobi.